News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Cant believe Lexus actually put a turntable in a car again but Kaytranada and Madlib giving it a test run is pretty sweet.

https://pitchfork.com/tv/57-from-our-partners/driven-by-sound-part-ii-featuring-madlib-and-kaytranada/

mehead

All over that JGB release in July.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 07, 2021, 01:37:35 PM
made myself a list from the list.

June:

Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin Companion      Warner   2 x LP
Grateful Dead - Olympia Theatre, Paris, France 5/3/72      Rhino/Grateful Dead Productions   6 x LP
Col. Bruce Hampton - Arkansas      Terminus Records   2 x LP
Robert Plant - Live at Knebworth 1990      Eagle Rock   LP
William Tyler - New Vanitas      Merge Records   Vinyl

July:

Jerry Garcia Band - Jerry Garcia Band (30th Anniversary)      Round Records   5 x LP

I'm sayin', bruv
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

Quote from: emay on April 07, 2021, 01:59:46 PM
Cant believe Lexus actually put a turntable in a car again but Kaytranada and Madlib giving it a test run is pretty sweet.

https://pitchfork.com/tv/57-from-our-partners/driven-by-sound-part-ii-featuring-madlib-and-kaytranada/

That's idiotic.  I love how the designer just grabs the album with all of his fingers lol.  I guess if you don't care about your records you can bring them in the car lol.  Flipping an album while driving down the highway doesn't seem too distracting either.  Def gonna pair that up with the new  europe 72 6LP set lol.  Way better than plugging in my phone.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 07, 2021, 03:03:26 PM

That's idiotic.  I love how the designer just grabs the album with all of his fingers lol.  I guess if you don't care about your records you can bring them in the car lol.  Flipping an album while driving down the highway doesn't seem too distracting either.  Def gonna pair that up with the new  europe 72 6LP set lol.  Way better than plugging in my phone.

Plugging in?!? Bro, do you even Bluetooth?  :police:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 07, 2021, 03:59:56 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 07, 2021, 03:03:26 PM

Plugging in?!? Bro, do you even Bluetooth?  :police:

haha, depends.  usually i plug in because i need charge, even though my car has wireless charging lol.  I'm old.

rowjimmy

Turntables in cars is pretty dumb.
Have you looked at the condition of the roads?

susep

After the shock of no Phish for RSD, the list isn't all that bad.  Intrigued,

June:

Kenny Dorham
GD
Fela
BIG
The Police
Prince

July:

ABB
Miles
JGB
Roland Kirk
KMD
Charles Lloyd
Pearl Jam

Definitely like July's drop more.  Line placement is key;)

Caravan2001

Quote from: susep on April 08, 2021, 06:18:11 PM
After the shock of no Phish for RSD, the list isn't all that bad.  Intrigued,

June:

Kenny Dorham
GD
Fela
BIG
The Police
Prince

July:

ABB
Miles
JGB
Roland Kirk
KMD
Charles Lloyd
Pearl Jam

Definitely like July's drop more.  Line placement is key;)

Def a good one this year.  I see about 25 things I would love to have, which is probably the first time in RSD history I have wanted that many.  Going to be tough.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on April 07, 2021, 01:53:03 PM
Pretty sweet lineup, especially the JGB that we?ve been waiting for, some solid jazz too:

Kenny Dorham - Quiet Kenny
Miles Davis - Jack Johnson Outtakes

I want the Bird and the Bill Evans too.

WillBreathes

Ordered some vinyl thru Amazon.

One they sent was incorrect, but it was still an album I love.  I was about to return it, and then I noticed that one album costs more than twice as much as the one they didn't send.  So, I just ordered the original one I wanted again.  Am I going to hell for this? :)

Originally ordered The Mule Variations & More Songs About Buildings and Food.

I got the Waits, and I also got Phosphorescent Blues by The Punch Brothers.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WillBreathes on April 09, 2021, 09:44:21 AM

One they sent was incorrect, but it was still an album I love.  I was about to return it, and then I noticed that one album costs more than twice as much as the one they didn't send.  So, I just ordered the original one I wanted again.  Am I going to hell for this? :)

You have zero moral obligation to correct Amazon's mistakes. I've heard of people getting laptops they didn't order and shit. Zero moral obligation to correct that. It's built into their system.

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 09, 2021, 03:43:41 PM

You have zero moral obligation to correct Amazon's mistakes. I've heard of people getting laptops they didn't order and shit. Zero moral obligation to correct that. It's built into their system.

Bezos could accidentally deliver a laptop to damn near every American and it wouldn't dent his wealth.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 09, 2021, 03:46:02 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 09, 2021, 03:43:41 PM

Bezos could accidentally deliver a laptop to damn near every American and it wouldn't dent his wealth.

jam>

Pulled the trigger on a $35 Analogue Productions Muddy Waters Folk Singer 33 1/3 from Acoustic Sounds.

Oh - and Amazon hasn't refunded me yet for a return from over a month ago. "Return received. Processing your refund."