News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Political Vids/Images

Started by rowjimmy, March 19, 2008, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

::sigh::  and people wonder why progressive agendas never get off the ground.

Just look at clowns like kidinthecorner calling Obama "George Bush III".

Until we get our own people on the same page we will never be able to overcome the well organized conservative propaganda machine.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

guyforget

Quote from: Hicks on September 18, 2009, 11:07:10 AM
Until we get our own people on the same page we will never be able to overcome the well organized conservative propaganda machine.

We cant even get our own Democratic Congress on the same page w/ each other... 

The propaganda machine shouldnt be affecting Congress.  Its really not even affecting independents or moderates.  Theyre inflaming their base but thats not enough to curb the healthcare debate.   The problem is that too many of these Senators are whores for the Healthcare Industry.  I really dont believe that a strong ground movement is going to convince some of these "Blue Dog Democrats" like Max Bauchus. 

Trust me, Jay Rockefeller has gotten plenty of emails from me, and he's standing up to guys like Bauchus and trying to impose the people's will, but right now he's standing alone it seems. 
-AD_

Hicks

The healthcare debate is one thing.

I just wish people that are on the left end of the spectrum could support our guy once he gets in office, despite the inevitable flaws. 

It was the same thing with Clinton, liberals constantly criticizing him for moving to the center on issues. 

Nobody's perfect and while I agree that it is unfortunate, compromise is the way our government works. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Poster Nutbag

The ignorance in this country is beyond my belief... I have no words for the way people act in this country towards politics and the divide in this country is becoming so extreme its on the verge of becoming violent... Most of these people would benefit from a government run health care system, yet they are so opposed to it... The majority of the country voted all Democrat, 240 days into Obama's first term and many people have jumped ship and are already pointing fingers of mass blame towards him... How fast they forgot just how bad the Bush debacle was and how fast did they really expect change to come after Obama took office... and now one of the biggest things he ran on which is reformed health care is being shot down with a vengeance...   
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

guyforget

not unexpected or surprising, but, lol, just the same.  these people are so pathetic.

ASTROTURF

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/19/fox-news-producer-caught_n_292529.html

"Fox News Producer Caught Rallying 9/12 Protest Crowd In Behind-The-Scenes Video"
-AD_

whyweigh5.0

This G20 summit is only a couple of days away and I still am not sure what to expect.  I saw that protesters where already starting to arrive at the point park last night.  I know that about half of downtown will be restricted and closed off and that traffic is going to be ridiculous.  This will all be going down about a mile and a half from my house.  Still thinking of seeing where I can go and taking the camera along
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

guyforget

Quote from: whyweigh4.0 on September 21, 2009, 05:45:30 PM
This G20 summit is only a couple of days away and I still am not sure what to expect.  I saw that protesters where already starting to arrive at the point park last night.  I know that about half of downtown will be restricted and closed off and that traffic is going to be ridiculous.  This will all be going down about a mile and a half from my house.  Still thinking of seeing where I can go and taking the camera along

it would be fun to shoot (photograph) some protesters, etc.  i saw a tent city in the park on the news after football yesterday.  looks like its gonna be pretty crazy down there.  wish i could come up for a day and just walk around downtown and see whats going down. 
-AD_

whyweigh5.0

I didn't make it down today.  I actually called and rescheduled that appointment I had so I wouldn't have to deal with getting there and back.  I heard it got a little nasty downtown.  I have stuff to do tomorrow too, but I may try to get up early and hit the scene for a couple hours before my day gets started.  We'll see
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

guyforget

Protest images on the news were crazy, problem is, I never even got what those people were protesting. 
-AD_

whyweigh5.0

Quote from: guyforget on September 25, 2009, 12:16:58 AM
Protest images on the news were crazy, problem is, I never even got what those people were protesting.

I'm sure most of them don't even know what they are protesting

guyforget

Quote from: whyweigh4.0 on September 25, 2009, 12:17:42 AM
Quote from: guyforget on September 25, 2009, 12:16:58 AM

I'm sure most of them don't even know what they are protesting

thats kinda how it seemed... 

im all for some good protesting, but a lot of the folks i saw on the news looked like they were just out there because everyone else was out there. 

maybe theyre all anarchists or something, lol. 

-AD_

whyweigh5.0

Some were
The local had a little bit on the news last night about some local anarchist org.  They showed a little vid clip and it looked like a group of angry teenagers who have not hit puberty yet

ytowndan

Crazy kids and their protest parties. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

whyweigh5.0

They will be washing the tear gas out of their dreads tonight

guyforget

Theres an anarchist punk rock drunkard in my town that will corner anyone who is talking politics in a certain bar downtown and loudly force his opinions on you until you want to punch him in the face.  Ive been close...  Once I told him that if we lived in an anarchist nation Id break my beer bottle on his head because thered be nobody to take me to jail for assault afterwards.  Ive seen him bloodied up a couple of times, still drinking, not caring.  Crazy fucker, Im sure he was up there today if he could stay sober enough and find a ride. 
-AD_