News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Political Vids/Images

Started by rowjimmy, March 19, 2008, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 03, 2012, 11:37:33 AM
Remember, this from the same folks who politicized John Kerry's first Purple Heart award (remember the purple band-aids?) by bundling that up in the overall effort to dishonor that particular Democrat's military service.

That whole debacle was fucking shameful. You guys ever see "Going Up River," the Kerry biopic dealing w/ his Vietnam service and subsequent anti-war politicking?

My old man and one of my god-fathers are interviewed extensively in that movie. My godfather had been on Kerry's staff since his first run for Senate... But during the general election campaign the DNC leadership drove him out b/c he kept pressing Kerry to take on the Swift Boat dirtbags head-on and talk openly about his service, and for some reason they wouldn't allow it. Pathetic.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Hicks

Quote from: sunrisevt on May 03, 2012, 01:56:14 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 03, 2012, 11:37:33 AM
Remember, this from the same folks who politicized John Kerry's first Purple Heart award (remember the purple band-aids?) by bundling that up in the overall effort to dishonor that particular Democrat's military service.

That whole debacle was fucking shameful. You guys ever see "Going Up River," the Kerry biopic dealing w/ his Vietnam service and subsequent anti-war politicking?

My old man and one of my god-fathers are interviewed extensively in that movie. My godfather had been on Kerry's staff since his first run for Senate... But during the general election campaign the DNC leadership drove him out b/c he kept pressing Kerry to take on the Swift Boat dirtbags head-on and talk openly about his service, and for some reason they wouldn't allow it. Pathetic.

Yep, Kerry has no one to blame but himself for letting Repubs get away with that smear job.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

nab

Little bit of love for you all.

After discussing politics elsewhere, I have come to really appreciate the kind of conversations that go on here.  I wondered when the political threads first started happening here whether it would be a good thing for the community.  I can say after looking back, that the concept has, thus far, been a resounding success.  The grace and humanity that exists between members here, even in the throes of heated debate, has not been paralleled anywhere in my experience.         

One of the many reasons the 'paug will always be my home away from home. 

mbw

check out this crazy bitch speaking at the lincoln nebraska city council on a proposed  LBGT protection ordinance.

kellerb

Quote from: nab on May 11, 2012, 10:57:49 PM
After discussing politics elsewhere, I have come to really appreciate the kind of conversations that go on here.  I wondered when the political threads first started happening here whether it would be a good thing for the community.  I can say after looking back, that the concept has, thus far, been a resounding success.  The grace and humanity that exists between members here, even in the throes of heated debate, has not been paralleled anywhere in my experience.         

You Suck!  You Suck and your opinion is wrong!

VDB

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on May 12, 2012, 11:31:17 AM
check out this crazy bitch speaking at the lincoln nebraska city council on a proposed  LBGT protection ordinance.

At least the reactions of the dude sitting behind her was funny to watch.
Is this still Wombat?

kellerb

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on May 12, 2012, 11:31:17 AM

That was like if you played George Clinton's "Dope Dogs" rap backwards.

There's more profit in pretending we're fighting it....

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 23, 2012, 05:35:57 PM
indeed.

given who posted this, at first i thought it was supposed to be willie nelson and some other guy smoking a joint and i couldn't figure out what the hell it meant.

ytowndan

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on May 23, 2012, 06:55:23 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 23, 2012, 05:35:57 PM
indeed.

given who posted this, at first i thought it was supposed to be willie nelson and some other guy smoking a joint and i couldn't figure out what the hell it meant.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

nab

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.