News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

I just snagged the only thing I was really after today, Alice In Chains 'Sap'. I did it from work while checking a guest in at the front desk. I think that was my most deft purchase ever.  :rawk:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

JGB is up at Newbury Comics. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

So glad I was able to snag a All The Good Times are Past and Gone.  Been watching an eBay auction that just ended at $335 and the only one on Discogs is like $425!!  Anybody know how many the pressed?

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 27, 2020, 04:23:22 PM
So glad I was able to snag a All The Good Times are Past and Gone.  Been watching an eBay auction that just ended at $335 and the only one on Discogs is like $425!!  Anybody know how many the pressed?

All The Good Times isn't numbered so I'm not sure how many there were. Heat'll die down eventually.

Didn't go out to RSD today for reasons but a buddy gripped the JGB & DBT sets for me. I ordered the Sharon Jones via Rough Trade NYC.

That'll do.

nab

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 27, 2020, 02:53:19 PM
JGB Still available here: https://cameronrecords.com/products/jerry-garcia-band-garcia-live-volume-two-august-5th-1990-greek-theatre-4xlp-rsdbf2020?_pos=27&_sid=df39bfc99&_ss=r+

Picked up mine there in person today. Also snagged the John Prine set, and the Willie record. Brought my older daughter along for the experience today. Turned her loose on the stacks and told her to pick something out and she came up with the Velvet Underground and Nico, so that was a win, in Dad points.

Caravan2001

Quote from: nab on November 27, 2020, 08:42:33 PM
JGB Still available here: https://cameronrecords.com/products/jerry-garcia-band-garcia-live-volume-two-august-5th-1990-greek-theatre-4xlp-rsdbf2020?_pos=27&_sid=df39bfc99&_ss=r+

Picked up mine there in person today. Also snagged the John Prine set, and the Willie record. Brought my older daughter along for the experience today. Turned her loose on the stacks and told her to pick something out and she came up with the Velvet Underground and Nico, so that was a win, in Dad points.

Good parenting.  My kids are always drawn to that cover too.

Sigma Oasis showed up from Dry Goods today and by festivus miracle, it was in one piece.

Hicks

If you aren't a baller like Matt and don't already have the VMP Jazz Dispensary bundle, you can click my link to win them:

https://www.toneden.io/jazz-dispensary/post/jazz-dispensary-x-vinyl-me-please-giveaway?referrer=3793779
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Quote from: Hicks on November 28, 2020, 07:26:19 PM
If you aren't a baller like Matt and don't already have the VMP Jazz Dispensary bundle, you can click my link to win them:

https://www.toneden.io/jazz-dispensary/post/jazz-dispensary-x-vinyl-me-please-giveaway?referrer=3793779

These are really nice btw.

nab

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 28, 2020, 03:40:13 PM

Sigma Oasis showed up from Dry Goods today and by festivus miracle, it was in one piece.

Yep, iconic cover.

But when I put it on, she started singing along; and it's not something I've played on the family system for quite some time.

She's been listening to it on Spotify, she wanted it on vinyl.

kellerb

Quote from: nab on November 28, 2020, 10:01:00 PM

Yep, iconic cover.

But when I put it on, she started singing along; and it's not something I've played on the family system for quite some time.

Daughter singing along to any song on that album = Disconcerting

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on November 29, 2020, 10:21:45 AM

Yep, iconic cover.

My daughter is in "The Cure" phase of her 20's. I remember those days.

nab

Yep, iconic cover.

We have frank, age appropriate, conversations about real life and the value of music

At 13 I was into gangster rap with no context other than "that's bad and you're bad for listening to it."

Not falling into that trap to keep up appearances of my purity with the adult crowd

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: nab on November 30, 2020, 12:16:44 AM

Yep, iconic cover.

We have frank, age appropriate, conversations about real life and the value of music

At 13 I was into gangster rap with no context other than "that's bad and you're bad for listening to it."

Not falling into that trap to keep up appearances of my purity with the adult crowd

I love this.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Fucking expensive fuck-ups anyone?
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy