News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish at The Met discussion

Started by rowjimmy, October 24, 2019, 01:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

GBL

Quote from: pcr3 on October 25, 2019, 11:42:48 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on October 24, 2019, 11:23:26 PM
Please, for a second, ponder the following equation:

Fox 2009 X Ghost of the Forest = settle the fuck down......

The issue with this equation is that you view Ghosts of the Forest as a negative value, whereas some of us view it as highly positive.  That variance will lead to wildly different products.

But it IS a negative value
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mistercharlie

Quote from: GBL on October 25, 2019, 08:53:59 PM

The issue with this equation is that you view Ghosts of the Forest as a negative value, whereas some of us view it as highly positive.  That variance will lead to wildly different products.

If GOTF was a negative value in the original equation, then the product would be a positive, i.e. a negative times a negative equals a positive. :end math nerd rant:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 25, 2019, 09:57:43 PM

If GOTF was a negative value in the original equation, then the product would be a positive, i.e. a negative times a negative equals a positive. :end math nerd rant:

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

yeah, i hear you on this one.  i like the gotf stuff, but i'm not at all stoked for this noob must attend show.  if i traveled from chicago to philly for 1 show in the middle of a work week, my expectations would be through the roof.  and there's no way they'd live up to what i wanted them to play.  i learned a long time ago not to play this game.  i'll be excited to try for tickets and help a bud out.  and i'll also be excited to listen to a live stream from my mfing house.

GBL

noob must attend show.

That's a new one, I like it
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Superfreakie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 25, 2019, 10:03:22 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on October 25, 2019, 09:57:43 PM

Once again proving Phish fans are the nerds who did drugs.  :police:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

nab

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 25, 2019, 09:00:25 AM
Quote from: nab on October 25, 2019, 12:33:28 AM
I don'subscribe for Phish.

This wouldn't make me subscribe if I didn't already.

I'd likely put more effort into DLing a podcast talking about this than subscribe for this.

There's a data point.

I can assure you, there will be a podcast.

Additionally, I'd like to ask:
If you are a subscriber, will you be trying to go?

I am a subscriber.

But I won't be trying to go, for reasons that have nothing to do with Sirius, Phish, or corporatism.

I've been on the road for work 90% of the summer; which is why I like those podcasts so damn much.
Just time to be home.

WhatstheUse?

Color me n00b.

I want to be in this show so badly. SO badly.

Gimme GOTF, gimme Big Boat gimme whatever.

I WAAAANT IIIINNNNNNN.  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

susep

Quote from: emay on October 24, 2019, 04:33:10 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 24, 2019, 04:19:41 PM
So the last show this small would have to be Roseland Ballroom, right? What about previous to that?

It looks like this show is even smaller in 98. Capacity 1,315, not "formally" announced though.

10/15/98

THE FILLMORE
San Francisco, CA
SET 1: Ghost -> Water in the Sky, Wolfman's Brother, Gumbo, David Bowie, Brian and Robert, Reba[1] > Character Zero

SET 2: My Soul > Chalk Dust Torture, Roggae, The Moma Dance, Wading in the Velvet Sea > Prince Caspian > Frankie Says, Birds of a Feather, Lawn Boy, Harry Hood

ENCORE: Dirt, Limb By Limb

[1] No whistling.
This "under the radar" show was never formally announced by Phish. San Francisco radio station KFOG leaked word of an upcoming "surprise announcement" two weeks before the show, telling Phish fans to tune in on Saturday morning for details. The 11:00 a.m. announcement was that tickets would be sold at noon the vacant Pier 32, prompting a mad rush of fans to the waterfront. Of the several thousand who arrived, roughly four hundred lucky people were able to buy vouchers entitling them to a pair of tickets. Prior to Brian and Robert, Trey said that Fish used to hate the yellow light and that Fish used to have a list of things that he hated, adding that every time they found out something Fish hated, they'd always do it (prompting Page to tease HYHU, which Fish also hates). Fish added that he hated the vowel "ooo" (the crowd responded with "ooo" noises). Trey said the only way to overcome something you hate was to face it head on. Trey then had Chris Kuroda shine a yellow light on Fish for Brian and Robert. Reba did not have the whistling ending. Hood contained a tease of Aaron Copland's Fanfare for the Common Man. After the show, some fans were given a poster (later for sale from Phish Dry Goods) and a bumper sticker (saying: "We've just come from Phish at the Fillmore. It was nice.").

Don't forget http://phish.net/tour/34-1997-winter-european-tour.html.  Harking back to their Nectar's roots across the pond. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: susep on October 27, 2019, 10:26:37 AM
Quote from: emay on October 24, 2019, 04:33:10 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 24, 2019, 04:19:41 PM
So the last show this small would have to be Roseland Ballroom, right? What about previous to that?

It looks like this show is even smaller in 98. Capacity 1,315, not "formally" announced though.

10/15/98

THE FILLMORE
San Francisco, CA
SET 1: Ghost -> Water in the Sky, Wolfman's Brother, Gumbo, David Bowie, Brian and Robert, Reba[1] > Character Zero

SET 2: My Soul > Chalk Dust Torture, Roggae, The Moma Dance, Wading in the Velvet Sea > Prince Caspian > Frankie Says, Birds of a Feather, Lawn Boy, Harry Hood

ENCORE: Dirt, Limb By Limb

[1] No whistling.
This "under the radar" show was never formally announced by Phish. San Francisco radio station KFOG leaked word of an upcoming "surprise announcement" two weeks before the show, telling Phish fans to tune in on Saturday morning for details. The 11:00 a.m. announcement was that tickets would be sold at noon the vacant Pier 32, prompting a mad rush of fans to the waterfront. Of the several thousand who arrived, roughly four hundred lucky people were able to buy vouchers entitling them to a pair of tickets. Prior to Brian and Robert, Trey said that Fish used to hate the yellow light and that Fish used to have a list of things that he hated, adding that every time they found out something Fish hated, they'd always do it (prompting Page to tease HYHU, which Fish also hates). Fish added that he hated the vowel "ooo" (the crowd responded with "ooo" noises). Trey said the only way to overcome something you hate was to face it head on. Trey then had Chris Kuroda shine a yellow light on Fish for Brian and Robert. Reba did not have the whistling ending. Hood contained a tease of Aaron Copland's Fanfare for the Common Man. After the show, some fans were given a poster (later for sale from Phish Dry Goods) and a bumper sticker (saying: "We've just come from Phish at the Fillmore. It was nice.").

Don't forget http://phish.net/tour/34-1997-winter-european-tour.html.  Harking back to their Nectar's roots across the pond.

Don't forget Japan 2000.  Nearly every show under 1000 and the 6/13 show was 400 tops.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 27, 2019, 11:01:53 AM
Don't forget Japan 2000.  Nearly every show under 1000 and the 6/13 show was 400 tops.

Damn. Didn't know they were that small.  What show was your personal fav on that run?
Bring in the dude!

Gumbo72203

I actually like that Fillmore 98 show.  And yeah, the Japan stuff.... that's no question.

However, if you think this show is going to be something like Runaway Jim -> Catapult -> McGrupp, Lifeboy, Tube -> Reprise, Fee, Dinner and a Movie, Gotta Jibboo -> Weekapaug -> Santos you've got another thing coming. 

Still will be fun though.  Wish I could go. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Caravan2001

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 27, 2019, 11:57:00 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 27, 2019, 11:01:53 AM

Damn. Didn't know they were that small.  What show was your personal fav on that run?

I probably had the most fun at 6/13 Club Quattro which was the smallest and essentially a bar show, but the next night 6/14 which is the Fukuoka show they released on LP gets the most play over here by a long shot.

emay

I figured he remembered the Japan shows since the question was what about before roseland  >:D