News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/04 - Ascend Amphitheater - Nashville, TN - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, August 04, 2015, 11:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Not sure what's up with the intentional slow down in weekapaug, that was weird to me... But the jam that ensued was awesome.
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

That Mike's Groove is SAWEET!!! I don't care that it's not like what we used to hear as the second jam, I'm just glad there is a second jam.  Loved the Sabbath tinged Paug also. Nice and dark.

Wolfman's was some pretty nice funk also.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

runawayjimbo

These things are never easy to read, but this is like the Moby Dick of setlist schematics. Really purty tho.

Quote@phishmaps
Mike's Groove, 8/4/15.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

sophist

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 07, 2015, 09:39:09 AM
These things are never easy to read, but this is like the Moby Dick of setlist schematics. Really purty tho.

Quote@phishmaps
Mike's Groove, 8/4/15.

eat acid -> put on 8/4/15 Groove -> reads perfectly ?
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

tet

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 06, 2015, 04:54:21 PM
That Mike's Groove is SAWEET!!! I don't care that it's not like what we used to hear as the second jam, I'm just glad there is a second jam.  Loved the Sabbath tinged Paug also. Nice and dark.

Wolfman's was some pretty nice funk also.

That was my favorite Wolfmans since 10/30/2010.  Some real serious stuff going on in that. 

And I never thought that 2nd jam was ever going to come back, but that was a nice surprise...  glad they're having fun with it at least!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Augustus

gainesvillegreen

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

PIE-GUY

So I listened to this immediately after listening to Alpine2. This is a better show all around.  This is a fantastic show start to finish.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

anthrax

Quote from: PGLHAH on August 10, 2015, 11:12:06 PM
So I listened to this immediately after listening to Alpine2. This is a better show all around.  This is a fantastic show start to finish.

was trying to explain this to some friends who just went to alpine.  it didn't work very well.  add in the vibe of the town and the venue and nashville clearly wins!

VDB

I listened to the back half of this show today. Very good set. Whether this or Miami is the best  Mike's Groove of 3.0 may just come down to personal preference, but "objectively" it's gotta be this one, right?
Is this still Wombat?

Buffalo Budd

Finally finished this 2nd set and holy, she's a keeper. The whole show just oozes the type of music and interplay I want from Phish. This tour just gets better and better.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

Here's the full story on the rebirth of the 2nd jam.

http://phi.sh/b/55d30faa

Behind the Music: Mike's Song's Second Jam

[Editor's note: after the celebratory revival of the "Mike's Song" second jam on 8/4/15 in Nashville, the folks on the Mockingbird and phish.net teams wanted the whole scoop on what happened, since the instigator was one of our staff. We thought the story was simply too good not to share. Many of our readers will already know the basics of how Drew Hitz (professional musician, music business consultant, Mockingbird Foundation board member), with the assistance of his friend and colleague Don Hart (composer, arranger, orchestrator, collaborator with Trey on "Time Turns Elastic"), turned fan dreams into reality. If this story is new to you, check out the .net recap from that Nashville gig. -PZ]

Don Hart asked me if I was coming to Nashville for the show at the brand new Ascend Amphitheater. He ended up securing me a ticket which was DFC in the fourth row of seats behind the pit. I was hopeful that I would get into the soundcheck, but didn't find out that I would be going until that afternoon.

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

PIE-GUY

So I just watched the webcast of this show on YouTube up on the tv in my hotel room. It's honestly the best all around  :phish: show in a long time. I'm not using hyperbole. I love this show top to bottom. The Paug that closes the second set is fucking perfection. Icing on a splendid cake. This is the first 3.0 keeper keeper. Will be in heavy rotation for me for a long time.

That said... I believe Watkins will be even better!!!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

zimbra

Just relistened to this second set and this week4paug smokes!!
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio