News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'Paug Parents!

Started by newplanet7, June 10, 2007, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Was listening to Contact today in the car with my boys, and naturally Union Federal was up next so I let it ride.  About 30 seconds into listening to fish play trombone one of my guys says "Papa this is a terrible song.   This is the worst song I ever heard.". The other chimed in, "this sounds like a cow is mooing in my face!" 😂. I hope they find their way home.

Superfreakie

Quote from: mbw on March 08, 2020, 07:02:37 PM
I hope they find their way home.

Quality parenting right there. Put 'em in their place while young :clap:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

nab

My daughter was a Phish hater from an early age. It wasn't until she got into middle school band that I was able to relate some of the musicality to her.

Then the other day she expressed a newfound love for David Bowie and Ziggy Stardust in particular. She thought that her older cousin turned her on to Ziggy Stardust (that's cute).

Then we had a conversation about Halloween 2016 and all the other times Phish covered David Bowie; that Phish actually has a song called David Bowie.

To which she replied "Yeah but what about the Talking Heads?"

All good things in all good time... 

mopper_smurf

Quote from: nab on March 09, 2020, 12:26:21 AM
My daughter was a Phish hater from an early age. It wasn't until she got into middle school band that I was able to relate some of the musicality to her.

Then the other day she expressed a newfound love for David Bowie and Ziggy Stardust in particular. She thought that her older cousin turned her on to Ziggy Stardust (that's cute).

Then we had a conversation about Halloween 2016 and all the other times Phish covered David Bowie; that Phish actually has a song called David Bowie.

To which she replied "Yeah but what about the Talking Heads?"

All good things in all good time...

:laugh:

She will be asking why they  haven't played The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway yet. They grow up so fast.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mattstick

cactusfan

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

My daughter: "Do we have more Sonic Youth albums? I found only six of them."
Me: "You're right. We need more."
My daughter: "Good. BTW  have you heard about The Jesus and Mary Chain?"
Me: "Yup, full set under "J"."
My daughter: "(...)"
Me: "You looked under "T" right?"
Twitter | FB | Instagram

VDB

Oh hey, I suppose I should sign this thread.

Haven't screwed anything up just yet.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on July 14, 2020, 12:52:42 AM
My daughter: "Do we have more Sonic Youth albums? I found only six of them."
Me: "You're right. We need more."
My daughter: "Good. BTW  have you heard about The Jesus and Mary Chain?"
Me: "Yup, full set under "J"."
My daughter: "(...)"
Me: "You looked under "T" right?"

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Quote from: VDB on July 30, 2020, 12:11:17 PM

Congrats and welcome!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mbw on July 30, 2020, 07:14:53 PM

Congrats and welcome!

Sound like a natural.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

1. You will screw up, but it will take a kid a couple of years to notice.
2. Welcome.
Twitter | FB | Instagram