News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/08 - DCU Center - Worcester, MA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by emay, June 08, 2012, 11:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Da Phish
DCU Center Woosta, MA
6/8/2012

Set 1: Free, KDF, Roses Are Free, Theme from the Bottom, Axilla 1, Julius*, Bouncing Around the Room, Maze, Bathtub Gin

Set 2: Down with Disease > Sand > Nellie Kane, Mike's Song > Makisupa Policeman** > Weekapaug Groove, Wading in the Velvet Sea, 2001, Character Zero

Encore: Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg

*Guy Forget teases
** "Woke up this morning, thought I had the measles, laid back down with some sour diesels"  :smoke:

McGrupp

I am literally pauging from the wendys drive thru right now.

And the McGrupp train rolls on. Choo Choo!
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

ytowndan

Quote from: McGrupp on June 08, 2012, 11:43:22 PM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

phil

I leave you alone for literally ten minutes and you end up in the wendy's drive thru...good move....
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Play_It_Leo

Classic. As it should be.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

DarkStarScott

Since I'm still driving around with the OhKeePa licence place I need to have one busted out for me in Charlotte this summer!

VDB

That is well done.
Is this still Wombat?

jasonsobel

sing me back home before I die

Mango

Just got back from DCU. What a fuckin night, man.
We had some niice seats on PageSideRageSide, pretty much even with the front of the stage like 20 ft away. Nice view of the band all the way across and the crowd. I was pretty pumped by the time they started, had just finished a bunch of coffee and was super baked. I didn't stop gettin down hard from the beginning of Free on through Axilla, at least.
Roses was especially dank - just as we thought the were gonna end the song with some big ol' finish, they built it up super heavy until all we could do is look around at eachother and then it just oozed into this meandering groove that made everyone go wild. Axilla fuckin raged the place, I saw some kids in the front row throwing their entire bodies in like every direction during the whole thing.
Bouncing Around the Room was nice to see cause I've always liked that song, but I can't say it really grabbed my attention. Bathtub Gin was really sweet, I had a "what song is this" moment a while into the jam which I was pleasantly surprised by.

For the second set, I liked the Disease opener but can't remember anything too striking about it. Mike's Song and Makisupa were really solid, Mike was doing some wacky things to his bass and makin noises that I didn't know a bass could. Weekapaug Groove was pretty delicious. Velvet Sea was.. well, it was lame. Our whole section sat down for that one. And though Suzy Greenberg was a fun, energetic encore, I still can't figure out if I like that song.

Anyways, overall I had a really, really good time. Gettin off work early for the show was a plus..
I'm not sure how KoP convinced me to write this.
Goooooood night.

Thrillhouse

Quote from: Mango on June 09, 2012, 02:22:51 AM
Just got back from DCU. What a fuckin night, man.
We had some niice seats on PageSideRageSide, pretty much even with the front of the stage like 20 ft away. Nice view of the band all the way across and the crowd. I was pretty pumped by the time they started, had just finished a bunch of coffee and was super baked. I didn't stop gettin down hard from the beginning of Free on through Axilla, at least.
Roses was especially dank - just as we thought the were gonna end the song with some big ol' finish, they built it up super heavy until all we could do is look around at eachother and then it just oozed into this meandering groove that made everyone go wild. Axilla fuckin raged the place, I saw some kids in the front row throwing their entire bodies in like every direction during the whole thing.
Bouncing Around the Room was nice to see cause I've always liked that song, but I can't say it really grabbed my attention. Bathtub Gin was really sweet, I had a "what song is this" moment a while into the jam which I was pleasantly surprised by.

For the second set, I liked the Disease opener but can't remember anything too striking about it. Mike's Song and Makisupa were really solid, Mike was doing some wacky things to his bass and makin noises that I didn't know a bass could. Weekapaug Groove was pretty delicious. Velvet Sea was.. well, it was lame. Our whole section sat down for that one. And though Suzy Greenberg was a fun, energetic encore, I still can't figure out if I like that song.

Anyways, overall I had a really, really good time. Gettin off work early for the show was a plus..
I'm not sure how KoP convinced me to write this.
Goooooood night.

I wasn't really sold on this show....specifically the 1st set..after reading this though I would say I am super excited, and will no doubt up (again) til 6 listening to the show.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

birdman

Last night was like taking a phish show and pouring syrup all over the top of every song. Sooooo sloooow. Seriously delightful. I fuckin love this band.
Paug FTMFW!

mattstick

VDB

Went straight to the Roses. Pretty neat. Shoulda kept going.
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

The end of Roses was pretty whale-ish, the slow Gin was something too.

birdman

There is a great moment during roses when the audience realized that they were going to take the jam out there. There wasa collective burst of energy from everyone there. It was great.
Paug FTMFW!