News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/28 - Chaifetz Arena - St. Louis, MO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by runawayjimbo, August 29, 2012, 12:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

08-28-2012
Chaifetz Arena
St. Louis, MO

I: Punch You in the Eye > Runaway Jim, Ocelot > Reba, I Didn't Know*, The Curtain, Peaches En Regalia, Mound, Sample in a Jar, The Sloth, Camel Walk, Possum, Quinn the Eskimo

II: Chalk Dust Torture > Frankie Says -> Undermind > Sand > Walk Away, Limb by Limb, Julius > 2001, You Enjoy Myself

E: Shine a Light

* "The John Coltrane of the vacuum cleaner"
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Poster Nutbag

nice looking show tonight... will be giving this one a listen on my way to Denver... 
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

McGrupp

Quote from: whatapiper on August 29, 2012, 12:46:03 AM
So we had a show tonight?

A good one, apparently.

Can't wait to hear that LxL everyone was raving about.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

phg

gotta be the best or close to the best limb ever, just because its never jammed like that.

solid show, best first set they've played this leg. some decent segues in 2nd set and nice song choices throughout.

Itsnotanexperience

Best lil ever.

Fav show since 1.0.

I wouldn't have bought this setlist..but a raging show.

Love this band.

Itsnotanexperience

PIE-GUY

YEMBlog:

"Stop reading this recap, download the Limb By Limb, listen to it and then come back...we'll wait."

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

whatapiper

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 29, 2012, 12:59:20 AM
YEMBlog:

"Stop reading this recap, download the Limb By Limb, listen to it and then come back...we'll wait."

Sweet! Hopefully building momentum for an insane weekend in CO!!
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Here Comes The Joker

Quote from: Itsnotanexperience on August 29, 2012, 12:54:59 AM
Shouts to WTU and Here Comes the Joker.

Broke the 24 hour rule.

Scott good seeing you I ran into LEO shortly after I left you, screw the 24 hour rule best show I have seen in a long time just when I thought Limb was going to lead off the 4th quarter of rockers and ballads to bring the show home, something happened that I haven't had happen in a long time Phish surprised the crap out of me. I am beyond words right now, just got home and I am trying to put my mind back together. The venue is perfect for Phish and I just hope this is the start of a beautiful friendship between the two.

mbw

mbw

LxL is pretty groovy.  They are  hooked up and trey let's it rip, but I'm not sure its worth blowing up the internet over. 
Total fish abortion, then........ Julius.  :-/

Gundo

mistercharlie

Totally forgot there was a show last night. I'll be giving this LxL a spin based on everyone's reactions to it. It's got a lot to live up to. I'm expecting something akin to the 11/02/98 LxL
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Itsnotanexperience

At the airport for the trip back to Atlanta.     Really happy with the show and honestly enjoyed nearly everything about it.    The LxL was a great version as was the curtain, peaches, possum, sand, and walk away and YEM.    Sure, lots of Trey rock peaks throughout but they worked for me and all in all, i really loved the flow of this show and some of the seques felt great.     The YEM was essentially flawless and a great version....even enjoyed the vocal jam.   

Best show I have seen from this band since 2000, and that's without a standout jam other than the LxL.    Maybe it was seeing the show with my 90s crew together for the first time since 9/23/00 or maybe it was the energy they generated going curtain to peaches or maybe it was the weed, but whatever it was, they held me happy the entire show.