News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-12-06 - North Charleston Coliseum N. Charleston, SC - Post-Show Discussion

Started by Hicks, December 07, 2019, 10:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

:phish:
12-06-19
North Charleston Coliseum
North Charleston, SC

Set I : Carolina, Party Time, Strawberry Letter 23 > Undermind, I Been Around > Divided Sky, The Sloth, Destiny Unbound, We Are Come to Outlive Our Brains > My Friend, My Friend > About to Run, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, David Bowie

Set II: Axilla > Scents and Subtle Sounds > No Quarter > Your Pet Cat, Mercury > Saw It Again > Limb By Limb > The Lizards, Suzy Greenberg

E: Bittersweet Motel* > Death Don't Hurt Very Long > Loving Cup

*  Lyrics changed to "halfway from Charleston to Pittsburgh
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Bobafett

We had a good little paug crew last night.   Tonight we are gonna get a whole section locked down.

First set was full of energy, both from the band and the crowd.  Trey was in rock star mode.   Destiny unbound almost jumped ship to type II.   Lots of goodies and it was a 90 minute set.   Strong start.

The scents was really good.  It had a serious mission impossible segment in it, and a brief axilla tease that wtu and I believe was unintentional.
No quarter is always welcome and was very solid. 
Pet cat had a really cool page jam.   Some of those cat shrieks are a bit too high frequency for me.
Limb x limb was probably the highlight for me.  They jumped to a dark minor jam that had Kurodas best work that I saw.
Lizards always kicks ass.
Suzy has some energy and another axilla tease.

Encore was what you would want for an encore.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

cactusfan

Oh man, on Phishnet they say Limb by Limb is unfinished, but here we don't, and now I don't know what to expect!
:crazy:

mopper_smurf

Quote from: cactusfan on December 07, 2019, 01:56:15 PM
Oh man, on Phishnet they say Limb by Limb is unfinished, but here we don't, and now I don't know what to expect!
:crazy:

We are right. We are the 'paug. Fuck those unfinished .net types.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

Great looking list.
On paper, I'd stack this against Pittsburgh for show of the tour.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Listening to this again this morning, I noticed that Mike teases Kashmir in the closing licks of Destiny Unbound.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

my favorite show of the run. S&SS was amazing. got the intro again too! bittersweet motel was a great sing along too.

WhatstheUse?

I'd say this was my favorite show of the tour.

The combination of song selection, setlist flow, crowd energy, and personal experience added up to WIN this night
Bring in the dude!

Bobafett

I relistened to this show again yesterday.   The limb x limb is a pretty unique version and is definitely unfinished.  It also has Fishman doing this old man that seemed really random.  SASS is very high quality too.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.