News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-12-28 - Madison Square Garden New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, December 29, 2019, 08:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleech74

Quote from: cactusfan on December 29, 2019, 02:15:12 PM
A very wah-wah Weigh.

Had a similar thought while listening to it. It had a bit more funk than usual, especially the beginning.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

Caravan2001

Really fun show. Not the best but some good stuff. Disease got spicy for a second. Piper was huge and the selection of Drowned was top notch. Not greatest execution but still always a fave of mine. Guy Forget definitely played and was highlight for me. I've seen every one and to not include this in the set list (with nary a notation) is ludicrous. .Net guys claiming they didn't play the melody. Whatever. Fish and Trey sung the whole song for like two minutes. Not sure what else people are looking for. It was the best. Ass handed reprise was funny too.  Took off tonight which sounded great on the stream but ready to blast off tomorrow again in person.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: cleech74 on December 29, 2019, 11:40:29 PM
A very wah-wah Weigh.

Had a similar thought while listening to it. It had a bit more funk than usual, especially the beginning.

Agreed. Trey was laying on the wah for sure.

They forgot how to start that song though... right?
Bring in the dude!

mbw

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 29, 2019, 11:52:35 PM
Quote from: cleech74 on December 29, 2019, 11:40:29 PM
A very wah-wah Weigh.

Agreed. Trey was laying on the wah for sure.

They forgot how to start that song though... right?

For like 30 years now.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 29, 2019, 11:44:27 PM
Really fun show. Not the best but some good stuff. Disease got spicy for a second. Piper was huge and the selection of Drowned was top notch. Not greatest execution but still always a fave of mine. Guy Forget definitely played and was highlight for me. I've seen every one and to not include this in the set list (with nary a notation) is ludicrous. .Net guys claiming they didn't play the melody. Whatever. Fish and Trey sung the whole song for like two minutes. Not sure what else people are looking for. It was the best. Ass handed reprise was funny too.  Took off tonight which sounded great on the stream but ready to blast off tomorrow again in person.

Guy Forget doesn't even have a melody iirc?  It's literally the words.  The Dicks version sounds nothing like 10/1/00 which sounds nothing like 12/28/19.  It's like Catapult. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

susep

Finally catching up on this Run.  Enjoyed Evening Song, Trey sounds very fluid.  Everything's Right has a nice outro jam into Beneath a Sea of Stars.  Drowned has a pretty cool vamp.  Ass Handed reprise is fun, definitely love the '94 Fall tour Chalk Dust reprise, AH took me back to that version.  Big fan of A Life Beyond the Dream, one of Trey's best newer songs imo.  On to 12/29.