News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/07 - The Gorge Amphitheatre - George, WA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 08, 2009, 02:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

08/07/2009 The Gorge Amphitheater, George, WA  (Friday)

Soundcheck: Dog Log, Sugar Shack

Set I: Down With Disease, Ocelot, Pebbles and Marbles, Possum, Sleep, Destiny Unbound, Stash, Sneakin' Sally thru the Alley > Cavern

Set II: Moma Dance > Light -> Taste > Fluffhead, Joy, Bathtub Gin > Harry Hood

Encore: Slave To The Traffic Light
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

This setlist builds high expectations. I have a feeling I won't be disappointed.

edit: The reply count on the live set list thread was locked at 666  :evil:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

HammondOrganism

Cont. Okelnard it wouldn't let me reply on the setlist thread so I jumped on here. Yea I live right off I 35 as far south in Oklahoma as you can go. about 4 or 5 hours from you. Maybe we can meet up and see a show at the woodlands or in Austin sometime. How many people does the woodlands hold? u know offhand?
Mike rating the Fishman Tune
On a scale from 3 to 4......i give it a 4

HammondOrganism

Bedtime for me. can't wait to hear this show tomorrow. night paugers.
Mike rating the Fishman Tune
On a scale from 3 to 4......i give it a 4

spaced

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

RabeldyNugs

Looks just amazing to be honest and one of the best looking setlists on paper so far from 3.0!! I am pumped.
A 18 minute Sally, Destiny, 1st cavern?, 1st Pebbles, 18 minute Gin at end of set 2 plus a hoodie at the gorge taboot! And a Slave encore......wow.
:banana:  Not to mention the "light" theme with light and taste (I can see though the light) into fluffy. :clap:

Man am I sorry I missed this one. I love the gorge more than the RR and always will for many reasons and this setlist just blew out the RR shows out the water IMHO. Even though I really liked 7-31 set II and the breakouts of Curtain w/ and mound back to back.  There were also some other highlights for sure, but all you need is 2 nights at the Gorge to get the sickness of 4 nights at RR IMHO.

Everyone enjoy and get ready for night 2, which will be something else.
:phish:
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

flow00

Look no further than the Sneakin Sally. Best 3.0 by far, IMO!!! IN fact, it's my candidate for top Sally ever. It's that good.

Phish is back in incredible ways!!! 

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

RabeldyNugs

Quote from: flow00 on August 08, 2009, 07:35:20 AM
Look no further than the Sneakin Sally. Best 3.0 by far, IMO!!! IN fact, it's my candidate for top Sally ever. It's that good.

So is it funked out like how it should be?
Man, I can't wait to get home and download and just shut the lights off and listen. :crazy:
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

flow00

Quote from: RabeldyNugs on August 08, 2009, 07:39:20 AM

So is it funked out like how it should be??????
Man, I can't wait to get home and download and just shut the lights off and listen.

It meanders through so many styles, starting off with some funk followed by a transcendent vocal jam before Trey goes in a unique direction that I don't want to spoil. Give it a listen.

RabeldyNugs

Quote from: flow00 on August 08, 2009, 07:55:21 AM
Quote from: RabeldyNugs on August 08, 2009, 07:39:20 AM

So is it funked out like how it should be??????
Man, I can't wait to get home and download and just shut the lights off and listen.

It meanders through so many styles, starting off with some funk followed by a transcendent vocal jam before Trey goes in a unique direction that I don't want to spoil. Give it a listen.

Nice build up my man. Thanks for sharing and not spoiling!
:phish: