News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Interview Thread

Started by redrum, January 02, 2009, 10:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

What an interesting guy, I wonder if he still puts that many hours into practicing these days.
That vid also made me contemplate the amount of songs that he would need to know on any given night and what he should practice or leave to memory.
Thanks for sharing PG.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

It's also really interesting to hear him talk about how his favorite bass sound comes from bassists who use a pick - it's really not long after this that he starts using a pick himself. I think it starts in 96 or so. Someone know for sure??
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 02, 2019, 07:03:10 PM
It's also really interesting to hear him talk about how his favorite bass sound comes from bassists who use a pick - it's really not long after this that he starts using a pick himself. I think it starts in 96 or so. Someone know for sure??

I wondered the same thing watching this.
Then I just assumed he probably used the pick for shows and was just fiddling around for the interview.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 02, 2019, 07:16:33 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 02, 2019, 07:03:10 PM

I wondered the same thing watching this.
Then I just assumed he probably used the pick for shows and was just fiddling around for the interview.

Nope. He definitely did not use a pick at the time. At least not regularly.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

khalpin

I remember after the Waterloo 95 show, my friend who rode the rail at the show said to me, "By the way, Mike Gordon plays with a pick."

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Multibeast12

Got my tickets for the Doc tonight. I am really excited. My theater sold out of tickets.

mehead

Beyond psyched for tonight as well
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

seeing the later showing tonight at 945 with KOP and some more of the Denver crew.
It's playing at an independent theater like 3 blocks from my house with full bar  :beers:

rowjimmy

Seeing the thing tonight with my wife...

mehead

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 17, 2019, 11:27:51 AM
Seeing the thing tonight with my wife...

Same here. Kinda shocked she wanted to go.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mbw

looking forward to trying out the popcorn trick on jeff tonight.

anthrax

Quote from: mbw on July 17, 2019, 11:41:25 AM
looking forward to trying out the popcorn trick on jeff tonight.

Roll Call - MBW Popcorn Trick

Anthrax - in!!!!