News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-07-09 Mohegan Sun Arena - Uncasville, CT - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Hicks, July 10, 2019, 12:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

:phish:
07-09-19
Mohegan Sun Arena
Uncasville, CT

Set I: Energy* > Weekapaug Groove, Moma Dance, Lengthwise > Maze, Petrichor, Things People Do, Sample in a Jar, Bathtub Gin

Set II: Soul Planet > Wider# > Undermind, The Final Hurrah, Beneath a Sea of Stars Part 1, Ghost^ > Birds of a Feather%, Waste, Golgi Apparatus

E: Foam, Contact, More

* LTP 8/4/13

# FTP, GOTF song

^ w/ Weekapaug jam

% w/ Third Stone from the Sun tease
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

First show with Weekapaug and no Mike's since I don't know when.

2/22/03?
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

K+ for running the threads d00d.  Decent show with some excellent parts.  the Beneath A Sea of Stars went into almost Dark Star territory.  That shit was money.  Wider is a welcome addition to the rotation imo.  No HotBox but there is still tomorrow.  Solid show, looking forward to a relisten.  Not the show of the tour but they can't all be.

Hicks

Yeah Beneath the Sea of stars got a little deep there. Ghost > Weekapaug was really nice. Was a little bummed when Trey abruptly went into Birds but that ended up being a pretty sweet jam too. 

Energy and Gin were highlights in the first set. 

emay

sunrisevt

Quote from: Hicks on July 10, 2019, 12:08:38 AM
First show with Weekapaug and no Mike's since I don't know when.

2/22/03?

12/2/03 too maybe? The 20th anniversary show?
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

khalpin

mattstick

rowjimmy

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

WhatstheUse?

Interesting show, jamming felt a bit disjointed and unsure, but that also led to some bad ass, exploratory, textural jams. Seemed like they had no idea what to do with "Under the Sea of Stars"... but kept pushing it and got to some super cool spaces.  I dig the vibe of "Wider" too. Both welcome additions to the catalog, IMO.

First set was solid. Ya gotta love a second song weekapaug. Didn't hate petrichor. It's def a long song though. Foam was a treat, although, it sure ain't 93 anymore. Kind of adorably-cringey watching Trey try and keep up on that tune.

All in all. Phish wins! Can't wait for tonight.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

birdman

Quote from: Hicks on July 10, 2019, 03:54:56 PM
Wondering how the venue was for those that were in attendance.
small and super chill. Sound was a bit muddy on the side of the stage. I'm on the floor tonight so I'm sure that will be rectified. Everybody seemed into the music and ready to party.  Post show we sat on a patio in front of a fire and watched the wook migration roll by. At 2:00 security cracked down a bit on the blatant drinking  but we managed to chill for a few more hours. Not quite Vegas, but not a bad substitute.
Paug FTMFW!

Hicks

Quote from: birdman on July 10, 2019, 04:05:22 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 10, 2019, 03:54:56 PM
Wondering how the venue was for those that were in attendance.
small and super chill. Sound was a bit muddy on the side of the stage. I'm on the floor tonight so I'm sure that will be rectified. Everybody seemed into the music and ready to party.  Post show we sat on a patio in front of a fire and watched the wook migration roll by. At 2:00 security cracked down a bit on the blatant drinking  but we managed to chill for a few more hours. Not quite Vegas, but not a bad substitute.

Sweet!