News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Are you a Phish Ninja?

Started by UncleEbinezer, June 08, 2009, 10:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inourdr

Quote from: shoreline99 on June 09, 2009, 02:25:26 PM
Quote from: inourdr on June 09, 2009, 02:11:58 PM
No ninja here... During my interview my boss asked me "If there was one act you could see in our building who would it be?". Without thinking, I blurted out "Early 70's Dead!". Cats out of the bag at that point, but I got the job.

I wouldn't have been able to fly under the radar for long though, since my car has stickers for SCI, Phish and Jerry, and my North Face fleece has a well worn Phish back on the back.

I have to laugh, because this reads like an entry for 'stuff white people like' :)

No offense. Seriously. It just struck me as funny.

No offense taken. I've actually had the jacket since 95 or 96 and the patch went on it before I even wore it out of the house. It was my "I want to be a hippie" phase in high school. Those were the days! Fantastic jacket btw. Can't beat North Face for quailty or customer service.

My boss picked Queen by the way.

disco

I'm not a ninja either. My safety blanket is that I'm the boss  :mrgreen:
Phish is played in my office daily and it's fairly well known to my staff and residents that I am obsessed. I no longer have long hair and  have to wear a shirt/tie or suit daily, it was a tough call for me to cut it but being fairly young & male in long term care is a tough place to be so I found that it allowed me to make a better first impression than when I came in with my mane  :mrgreen:
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

kellerb

Quote from: disco on June 12, 2009, 06:58:34 PM
Phish is played in my office daily and it's fairly well known to my staff and residents that I am obsessed. I no longer have long hair and  have to wear a shirt/tie or suit daily, it was a tough call for me to cut it but being fairly young & male in long term care is a tough place to be so I found that it allowed me to make a better first impression than when I came in with my mane  :mrgreen:

You still sport the cape though, right?

disco

Quote from: kellerb on June 12, 2009, 07:38:25 PM
Quote from: disco on June 12, 2009, 06:58:34 PM

You still sport the cape though, right?

friday is casual/cape day so I wear it once a week....can't wait to bust it out for the creek, she's been resting for 5 years now

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

Superfreakie

Not only am I a Ninja, I officially run the Ninja School.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

susep

I'm not, people who know me in my office know how much I love :phish:  I have the inside sleeve pic from LP Vol. 20 hanging at my desk from 29Dec.1994. 

mistercharlie

To know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

sophist

Not a ninja.  If you walk by my office you will hear  :syf: or  :phish:

I get some pretty hilarious looks with certain tunes.  Dark Star might be my favorite at work, especially when it gets out there and a coworker walks in my office to discuss something. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

PhishPhan

I'm not a ninja, but I don't really flaunt my obsession.

Unless they ask...

JPhishman

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PM
well said good sir  8-)
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: blatboom on June 08, 2009, 08:41:33 PM
nobody at my work had ever even heard of Phish till I got there.
People realized pretty quickly when I got on here (9 yrs ago) that a lot of my trips revolved around Phish or those types of bands.  I would come back from weekend festies with some pretty crazy stories that most would not understand and so I've cut back on that.  If people ask, I'll tell, but other than that, I keep it to myself now.  And like Pie, I've been here for awhile now so I don't worry too much about being clean shaven or cutting my hair.  Just keep it somewhat professional.  :mrgreen:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PM

Nice! I dig that a lot!  :clap:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Marmar

Never have been, never will be.....

BUT....

I am a LOT NINJA!
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

jephrey

I don't hide it or put it on display, but I dislike explaining my "FORBIN 3" license plate because it rolls into so much more.

"Forbin 3", what's that
"It's a character from a song"
"What song?"
"Colonel Forbin's Ascent"
"Who sings that"
"Phish plays that"
"What's Fish?"
etc etc etc.

My first few months at all my jobs, I started clean-cut prep like, then after a few casual Fridays, I insert casual Wednesday, and upgrade Friday to Slack-Off Friday.  I don't do it a ton but sometimes play Ph in the cube.  Someone always comes by during TTE or SOAMule.  It's not like they're saying, "this is awesome, who is this?"   I'm sure they hear one line of the lyrics and write off the great Mule or hear one passages from TTE and I don't want to admit it's Phish.

I'd say I'm a ninja in white.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.