News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

50th anniversary of a pretty good show...  :syf:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 29, 2021, 12:10:06 PM

No doubt.

That said, I'm rocking this new Dave's Pick atm.
Sounds amazing.

VA $l!m

listening to st louis 77.
hot 2nd set.
Estimated was fire.

VA $l!m

never realized how good this 5-15 77 show was
first passenger , first iko.
2nd set is very hot

Caravan2001

Some guy was on Twitter trying to spout that it was overrated.  I bit my tongue.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 01, 2021, 08:01:23 PM

Some guy was on Twitter trying to spout that it was overrated.  I bit my tongue.
yikes.
the alligator>GDTRFB> cold rain  could be a top 5 all time jam for me.
gives me chills just thinking about it.

rowjimmy

Spinning the Harpur College acoustic set on vinyl for the 51st anniversary and not upset about it at all.

Caravan2001

Quote from: VA $l!m on May 02, 2021, 12:24:46 AM

yikes.

Yeah, it's the greatest.  They did give props to that sequence but said the rest wasn't all it's cracked up to be.  I mean, yes, that's the highlight (post drums Aliigator jam is likely a Top 5 for me, EASY Top 10) but the whole show is great.  Not to mention arguably the best Hard to Handle of all time.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 02, 2021, 12:59:55 PM
Spinning the Harpur College acoustic set on vinyl for the 51st anniversary and not upset about it at all.

Didn't get to do a proper listen today unfortunately but I did get through St. Stephen and most of the Other One.  It was a busy day with no listening time.  But yesterday I got through all of 5/1, and it had been forever.  Another A+ Other One and amazing Lovelight (16 min).  Stellar acoustic set as well.  I'll find some time to get then Harpur vinyl on this week.  The sound on the album is unreal, no wonder it's $300 now.

sls.stormyrider

4/29 is a top show for sure.

haven't listened to Harpur in much too long. Spinning now
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mistercharlie

Super7, a company that makes action figures like we had in the late 70's/early 80's, is teaming up with The Dead to make some GD action figures! The first one released will be Bertha, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Skull and Roses. More figures are to follow. I'd expect to see the band be made into figures.
https://super7.com/blogs/news/super7-and-grateful-dead-to-celebrate-50-years-of-skull-roses-with-bertha-reaction-figure

I have a few figures he's made and they are good quality and look pretty cool hanging on the wall of the Batcave. I can't wait to have Jerry hanging between Czarface and Yoda!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 03, 2021, 10:50:37 AM
Super7, a company that makes action figures like we had in the late 70's/early 80's, is teaming up with The Dead to make some GD action figures! The first one released will be Bertha, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Skull and Roses. More figures are to follow. I'd expect to see the band be made into figures.
https://super7.com/blogs/news/super7-and-grateful-dead-to-celebrate-50-years-of-skull-roses-with-bertha-reaction-figure

I have a few figures he's made and they are good quality and look pretty cool hanging on the wall of the Batcave. I can't wait to have Jerry hanging between Czarface and Yoda!

I used to have a bunch of the Hasbro GI Joe figures.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 03, 2021, 12:05:57 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on May 02, 2021, 12:24:46 AM

yikes.

Yeah, it's the greatest.  They did give props to that sequence but said the rest wasn't all it's cracked up to be.  I mean, yes, that's the highlight (post drums Aliigator jam is likely a Top 5 for me, EASY Top 10) but the whole show is great.  Not to mention arguably the best Hard to Handle of all time.
agreed. 2nd that emotion is a highlight for me as well.

Gumbo72203

Pulled this guy out of the old spindle stacks the other day, and was very pleasantly surprised by how good this 2nd set is.  Lots of songs, but everything has hot hot energy.  Really, really good playing.  You can tell they're feeling it, Bobby even spurts "what the FUCK you gonna do?!" during Saint haha.  It's great.

Grateful Dead Live at Frost Amphitheatre 10/10/82

https://archive.org/details/gd82-10-10.sbd.sacks.338.sbefail.shnf

Set 1:
Minglewood Blues-> Sugaree-> Little Red Rooster, Tennessee Jed, Cassidy, Loser, Far From Me, Looks Like Rain-> China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider

Set 2:
Playin' In The Band-> Crazy Fingers-> Lost Sailor-> Saint Of Circumstance-> Touch Of Gray-> Drums-> The Wheel-> Throwing Stones-> Not Fade Away-> Black Peter-> Sugar Magnolia, E:Satisfaction-> E: It's All Over Now Baby Blue
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

I have dipped into that show a few times on  BdP.  Killer show and there are really great AUDs in circulation.
Try this one: https://archive.org/details/gd1982-10-10.123623.senn421.gans.miller.flac24