News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Glass Pony - Album 3 out now! (June 2023)

Started by Gumbo72203, August 30, 2017, 12:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on December 17, 2019, 06:06:45 PM
So, if you listen to nothing else from us, ever.... make it be this.  I am immensely proud of this jam, and it may be my most favorite thing we've ever played. 

It's from the album release show.  You're going to like it, I think. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeRKmpxnv_Q&fbclid=IwAR2UWcjqBW2UT2dLFU-PjJ8Pxw0Lbj7ze-9QGRSoqJDH3-DY-dk3We3-Kxw

Groovy. Thanks for sharin.
Is this still Wombat?

Gumbo72203

If any of you are near Albany, we are opening for Graham Lesh on Friday :)

I'd like to share this video with you all, we tore this BEW open IMO. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Opening for Graham!
Nice gig, buddy.

I've enjoyed the album too.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 26, 2020, 10:43:03 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 26, 2020, 04:26:50 PM
Opening for Graham!
Nice gig, buddy.

QT
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 26, 2020, 04:26:50 PM
Opening for Graham!
Nice gig, buddy.

Thanks guys, you have music tastes I greatly respect so that means a good deal to me!  I really like how we've come along, I don't think we really sound like anyone else. 

We've got a lot of rawk for tonight, I hope we make a good impression XD

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

Hey friends.  If you're looking for some tunes, Glass Pony has our first archive link available now.  A searing lysergic night at a coke-fueled Dead biker bar.  This was wild.  Drugs make music go crazy, even if you're sober as the musician haha. 

I love all of these jams, and I normally hate a lot of what we play.  This is some really good stuff.  Please enjoy.

https://archive.org/details/GlassPony

Gumbo72203

Hey friends, we're down in the hills of Westchester finishing up album 2.  This.....  could be something.  These songs are real good. 

You're going to like this clip from our last big stream we did....  really nice Type 2 stuff from our song "Daydream" as we sail into Walk Away. 

Thanks again for all the comments and listens.  It's much appreciated :)

Gumbo72203

Oh man.  I think I know what it feels like to be Trey when he's gassing the hose.  I'd like to call you guys to this version of "Daydream".  I told Paul, we kinda went from Cypress/2.0 space-groove to full on 12/2/95 shred.  This is incredible stuff.  I'm often super, super critical of our playing but holy fuck, this smokes. 

I'd really love to hear all of your critical-listening analyses of these jams.  There's a ton of hot stuff in here, but the Daydream is especially ridiculous. 

Gumbo72203

Really hoping some of you guys will check this out, I think this is straight fire.  The audio and video production at this place is incredible!

VDB

Been meaning to report:

I was in Southern Vermont recently for a family wedding (lovely part of the country) and I had the rental car radio tuned to WEXQ, Manchester VT, The Real Alternative, for the whole trip, and on our drive back to Albany International they played a promo for an upcoming show featuring none other than Glass Pony (plus others) and there was even a little snippet of music to go with the announcement. A real proud moment.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Gumbo72203

Quote from: VDB on September 03, 2021, 12:45:39 PMBeen meaning to report:

I was in Southern Vermont recently for a family wedding (lovely part of the country) and I had the rental car radio tuned to WEXQ, Manchester VT, The Real Alternative, for the whole trip, and on our drive back to Albany International they played a promo for an upcoming show featuring none other than Glass Pony (plus others) and there was even a little snippet of music to go with the announcement. A real proud moment.

oh damn that must have been Pearlpalooza!  I think they had a clip of "Something Good" they used...  unmastered and not finished mix of course haha. 

That's the best radio station here, their jam show is sick and they always play killer stuff.  Discovered a lot of good music through them. 

Oh and I'd be remiss to share this with you guys.....  finally some official new music from us. 

Gumbo72203

Hey friends.  Could use your help.  We're in the 2 local march madness things again and getting close to the end.  Could use your votes in both, the prizes are pretty sick and we have a solid chance of winning both this time. 

Nippertown:  You have to enter an email address, so you can use as many as you have.  My personal endorsements are for Playin' With Fire, Bendt, Annie in the Water, Super 400. 

https://nippertown.com/2022/03/09/2022-march-music-madness-round-3-voting/

NYS Music:  You can vote from any device, but this website can be fucky.  I have no personal endorsements for this tournament.  It used to show you who was behind, so that's who i'd vote for if i didn't know. 

https://nysmusic.com/2022/03/11/nys-music-march-madness-2022-round-3/

Gumbo72203

Hey everyone, we just released our new album.  I think it's quite good - we spent a shitload of money on a great studio and I think it shows.  Would love to have you all check it out. 

https://glasspony.bandcamp.com/album/washed-away

We've got CD's, cups, and shirts if anyone cares - tough to make a dent in today's world, but at least we made the album lol. 

If i had to guess, you guys will like the first track, and the 5th track.  I also make my singing debut on the 7th track.   :willynilly: