News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Ghosts of the Forest Spring 2019 Tour

Started by pcr3, December 11, 2018, 02:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

anthrax

trying to decide if i wait to listen to the album first, or if i jump right in to the live show.

suggestions??

ytowndan

Quote from: anthrax on April 05, 2019, 04:04:44 PM
trying to decide if i wait to listen to the album first, or if i jump right in to the live show.

suggestions??

I've been wondering the same thing.  I guess the better question is, will I even be able to wait?
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

cactusfan

suggestions??

I'm leaning toward listening to neither album nor shows before seeing them on the 20th.

pcr3

suggestions??

It was pretty surreal seeing Trey play so many previously unheard songs last night.  I know that doesn't help much.

I wonder if we'll be able to get a free download with our ticket code.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

sunrisevt

:banana:

Just hopped on the bus to Logan airport, DC-bound. Gonna check these cats out in person tomorrow night.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

gah

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 05, 2019, 04:42:52 PM
:banana:

Just hopped on the bus to Logan airport, DC-bound. Gonna check these cats out in person tomorrow night.

WWWWWHHHHHAAAATTTTT?  :crazy:

Lets get up! I'll be there, and RJ and mcgrupp (pretty sure).
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sunrisevt

Oh sweet! Yeah I think rj and I are sitting together.got tix from the same dude we're going with.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

suggestions??

I couldn't wait to hear the new songs. That's why I custy'd up first thing when I woke up at 5 this morning! It's a nice set and I look forward to hearing Phish do some of these songs.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

birdman

Id recommend waiting. There's nothing here that is "must hear". Plus it's way better going in with virgin ears.
Paug FTMFW!

mistercharlie

Quote from: birdman on April 05, 2019, 08:00:50 PM
Id recommend waiting. There’s nothing here that is “must hear”. Plus it’s way better going in with virgin ears.

If you're going to a show then I could see waiting and then virgin ears are amazing.  :sbw:

But if you're just trying to decide between listening to last nights show or the album first then I say go with the show.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

birdman

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 05, 2019, 08:16:02 PM
Quote from: birdman on April 05, 2019, 08:00:50 PM
Id recommend waiting. There's nothing here that is "must hear". Plus it's way better going in with virgin ears.

If you're going to a show then I could see waiting and then virgin ears are amazing.  :sbw:

But if you're just trying to decide between listening to last nights show or the album first then I say go with the show.
100% agree. I'm going again next Wednesday and I'm not relistening before then. Not quite virgin ears but like , just the tip ears.
Paug FTMFW!

sunrisevt

Caravan2001

I've been listening a fair bit.  Heard the stream last night and wasn't feeling it too much.  Watched a vid this morning (that scotty posted) and liked it a little more.  They put last night's show on LP and I listened to the first 5 songs before switching over the tube cardioids off of etree.  It sounds so good.  Personally, I am glad I am getting familiar with these songs.  I like being familiar with material.  Plus I'll know when to go to the bathroom lol.  But ser, upon relisten it keeps growing on me more and more.  That said, going in with fresh ears is a great thing too.  But I'm way past that.  It's only going to get better too.  The difference between the first ever TAB show in '99 and the last one of the tour is gargantuan.

gah

So yeah, last nights set list was the exact same, so I guess, that's how he's doing it. Same show every night.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.