News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Primus 'A Tribute to Kings' Tour 2020

Started by mistercharlie, February 18, 2020, 02:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Primus will be hitting the road and paying tribute to Rush by covering A Farewell To Kings in it's entirety as the second set every night. I know I'll be there since the show is three blocks from my office. I can just walk over after work!

May 26 - Irving, TX - The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
May 27 - Houston, TX - Revention Music Center
May 29 - Austin, TX - ACL Live at The Moody Theater
May 30 - New Orleans, LA - Saenger Theatre
June 01 - Asheville, NC - Exploreasheville.com Area
June 03 - Orlando, FL - Hard Rock Live
June 05 - Atlanta, GA - Coca-Cola Roxy
June 06 - Charlotte, NC - Metro Credit Union Amp
June 07 - Raleigh, NC - Redhat Amphitheater
June 09 - Cincinnati, OH - PNC Pavilion
June 10 - Columbus, OH - Express Live Amphitheater
June 12 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo
June 15 - Richmond, VA - Virginia Credit Union Live!
June 16 - Baltimore, MD - MECU Pavilion
June 17 - New York, NY - Beacon Theater
June 19 - Philadelphia, PA - The Met Philadelphia
June 20 - Asbury Park, NJ - Stone Pony Summer Stage
June 21 - Essex Junction, VT - Midway Lawn at Champlain Val Expo
June 23 - Boston, MA - Rockland Trust Bank Pavilion
June 24 - Wallingford, CT - Oakdale Theater
June 26 - Sterling Heights, MI - Michigan Lottery Amp
June 27 - Cleveland, OH - Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica
June 28 - Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE
June 30 - Toronto, CA - RBC Echo Beach
July 02 - Layfayette, NY - Beak & Skiff Apple Orchards
July 03 - Westbrook, ME - Main Savings Pavilion
July 06 - Indianapolis, IN - Farm Bureau Insurance Lawn
July 07 - Milwaukee, WI - BMO Harris Pailion
July 08 - Minneapolis, MN - The Armory
July 10 - Chicago, IL - Chicago Theatre
July 11 - St. Louis, MO - Saint Louis Music Park
July 12 - Kansas City, MO - CrossroadsKC
July 14 - Denver, CO - The Mission Ballroom
July 15 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex
July 17 - Berkeley, CA - The Greek Theater
July 18 - Los Angeles, CA - The Greek theater
July 19 - Las Vegas, NV - The Pearl
July 21 - Boise, ID - Outlaw Field
July 23 - Missoula, MT - Kettlehouse Amphitheater
July 24 - Redmond, WA - Marymoor Park
July 25 - Troutdale, OR - Edgefield
July 28 - Spokane, WA - Riverfront Park
July 29 - Bend, OR - Les Schwab Amphitheater
July 31 - Paso Robles, CA - Vina Robles Amphitheater
Aug 01 - San Diego, CA - Cal Coast Open Air Theatre
Aug 02 - Phoenix, CA - Arizona Federal Theatre

See attached picture for more info..
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

Def hitting the Mission Ballroom date

mopper_smurf

Fingers crossed for a live album. And some dates in Europe ffs.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Even if I don't buy a ticket, I can hang out in the park across the street and listen to the whole thing. I love the venue they are playing. It's where I saw Trey play an acoustic Ripple on the 10th anniversary of Jerry's passing. I was standing about 10 feet from him when he played it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird to cover another band's record every night for an entire tour?

I mean unless you're DSO or something, but just seems like kind of a bad look to turn your established band into a tribute act. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Quote from: Hicks on February 18, 2020, 04:02:38 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird to cover another band's record every night for an entire tour?

I mean unless you're DSO or something, but just seems like kind of a bad look to turn your established band into a tribute act.

"We settled on Kings, because A) it was the first Rush record I ever heard and B) it contains 'Cygnus X-1,' which has always been my favorite Rush tune," Claypool told Rolling Stone. "It seems to be a good one for us to tackle; 2112 seemed a little obvious." Primus recently added a cover of "Cygnus X-1" to their sets.

mopper_smurf

Remember the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tour? Yeah, I know they added their signature Primus touch to that one, but still. O, and the Animals tour with the Frog Brigade...
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

cactusfan

Quote from: mopper_smurf on February 18, 2020, 05:06:05 PM

Remember the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tour? Yeah, I know they added their signature Primus touch to that one, but still. O, and the Animals tour with the Frog Brigade...

Animals. Yes. I loved that show. They absolutely tore it up. Nobody left that show thinking "tribute band."

mistercharlie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on February 18, 2020, 05:06:05 PM

That Animals tour was AMAZING!!! So glad I got to catch The Frog Brigade on that tour.

ph92

I'll hit the mission show if I'm around.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Hicks

Ah yes, who could forget the numerous masterpiecey originals from The Flying Frog Brigade that every man, woman and child in our great nation still sing to this day. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on February 18, 2020, 08:46:10 PM
Ah yes, who could forget the numerous masterpiecey originals from The Flying Frog Brigade that every man, woman and child in our great nation still sing to this day.

Ding Dang is a helluva catchy song.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 18, 2020, 08:50:39 PM
Quote from: Hicks on February 18, 2020, 08:46:10 PM

Ding Dang is a helluva catchy song.

Indeed. Used it as my ringtone for awhile. Also: great lyrics.

Twitter | FB | Instagram

VDB

You're not the only one.
Is this still Wombat?