News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey solo SPAC run

Started by sunrisevt, May 04, 2021, 02:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobafett

I?ll take any Nashville extras!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

emay

Quote from: anthrax on May 04, 2021, 07:03:10 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on May 04, 2021, 06:34:18 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 04, 2021, 06:02:57 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 04, 2021, 06:00:11 PM
Quote from: anthrax on May 04, 2021, 04:19:12 PM
well, i was hopeful of phish shows this summer, but not anymore.

that fine print is pretty intense...

30% capacity, distanced, masks required outside, health survey and temp check on the way in, proof of vaccine

holy shitballs - just couch tour this and let me stay home

You wouldn't go to a Phish show with those stipulations?

There's no way a Phish crowd follows the rules enough for it to work. Trey, sure. Phish? NO FUCKING WAY!

Hell, in '19 when I saw Trey solo at The Murat Theater there were people there in tuxedos and fancy dresses. Trey brings class, Phish brings a mass.

i didn't say i wouldn't go to phish with those stipulations.  however, i don't really trust livenation to be able to pull all of those checkpoints off without it being a total shitshow.  if i have to go in to shows 3 hours before the band starts or wait in endless lines or wear a mask in tennessee weather in august when i'm fucked up, i may be a lot less willing to attend all 11 phish shows i have tickets for.  i have no problem flashing a vax card on the way in, but this seems like it's going to be a lot more than that.  we'll see.

i was under the impression that these summer dmb shows were full capacity/no masks.  i haven't looked into the dmb fine print, but a quick search sees them selling general admission lawn seats for spac.  that tells me, it's the artist's wish and not LN or the location (venue/county/state) that is deciding what safety precautions to put in place.

The Dave shows are in sept too though. These are next month while NY still has restrictions in place. I think July is when they are ?planning? to lift the restrictions pending stuff goes well.

GBL

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 04, 2021, 06:02:57 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 04, 2021, 06:00:11 PM
Quote from: anthrax on May 04, 2021, 04:19:12 PM
well, i was hopeful of phish shows this summer, but not anymore.

that fine print is pretty intense...

30% capacity, distanced, masks required outside, health survey and temp check on the way in, proof of vaccine

holy shitballs - just couch tour this and let me stay home

You wouldn't go to a Phish show with those stipulations?

There's no way a Phish crowd follows the rules enough for it to work. Trey, sure. Phish? NO FUCKING WAY!

Does that matter though?  You think the band will cancel a show because people aren't 6 feet apart?  Come on
If this is love, I'm never going home..

tet

NY is lifting most restrictions in 2 weeks. I love the conditions set, and look forward to not being a chomper just 6 weeks from now! It's hard to imagine enforcing those at a Phish show, but perhaps this is a dry run for Trey, as well as the venue & state, to see if they can do it right. Not every state will have an Exelsior Pass, so I think the testing is a fair thing to require - people do it to travel already, or to go to MSG, and it's working. Getting 20k spun w00ks into a venue on time will be a steep, uphill challenge - that's for sure. Good thing there are lots of people looking for work right now, and these venues would be wise to hire like crazy right now.

With that in mind, I think the rumors I've seen bubble up a few times now are accurate - Gorge moved to just before Dicks, rest of July cancelled, Aug is on (without Hershey?). Let's get this show on the road!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VDB

Where are we setting the O/U on percentage of the audience who will have flown in for this?
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Quote from: VDB on May 04, 2021, 11:22:51 PM
Where are we setting the O/U on percentage of the audience who will have flown in for this?

Folks will come from far and wide.

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 04, 2021, 05:38:44 PM
I saw thinking about the same thing while reading that. The Phish crowd would be too much for those procedures. DMB doesn't care, frat boys are a dime a dozen.

Cut off one head with the Covid-w00kflu, 3 more will pledge the puka shell necklace to replace it

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

I hear it's a complete shitshow. Glad I wasn't trying.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 05, 2021, 12:39:17 PM
I hear it's a complete shitshow. Glad I wasn't trying.

Tried on behalf of BM - failed miserably
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

What's face value?  Over $200??

mistercharlie

They are aware it was fucked. They are trying again tomorrow. See Trey's Insta post.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Caravan2001

Quote from: anthrax on May 05, 2021, 01:39:46 PM
What's face value?  Over $200??

For pit (most expensive) it was $160/person, for Lawn it was like $62.50 and the other two levels of seating somewhere in between.

Heard these were scheduled to be TAB shows before Tony passed.  RIP....

birdman

Big thanks to PG scoring me seats during a ReRe today. I owe you many beers  :beers:
Paug FTMFW!