News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Tour Opener Calls

Started by WhatstheUse?, May 11, 2021, 09:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mehead on May 12, 2021, 11:22:58 AM
Glide?

And we're glad glad glad that you're alive. And we're glad glad glad that you'll arrive.

I can get behind that!

Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 12, 2021, 06:34:22 PM
Quote from: mehead on May 12, 2021, 11:22:58 AM
Glide?

And we're glad glad glad that you're alive. And we're glad glad glad that you'll arrive.

I can get behind that!

Awesome prediction!
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

This thread makes me sofa king happy. I?m reminded of the $80 I won night one of Charleston with my ?Carolina? call. The girl who ran the pool had Party Time and was so pissed! Hahahaha. That was like 3 free beers!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

It will not be a cover.

Calling Tube.

"Paranoid, the doctor ran. . ."
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gumbo72203

Free will be in the first set but it's not high energy enough to open the show. 

First Tube is a good bet for Tony.  Same with On the Road Again. 

My call is Chalkdust.  "Can i live while i'm young?"  and super super high energy rock and roll. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

emay

I feel like the Tony tribute will happen before Phish tour at SPAC

PIE-GUY

Quote from: emay on May 14, 2021, 11:06:32 AM
100%
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Quote from: emay on May 14, 2021, 11:06:32 AM

Yup
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on May 12, 2021, 11:16:08 PM
It will not be a cover.

Calling Tube.

This is my wife's call as well, for the lines "But rather give myself to science, I felt that I could help, To science, I felt that I can help"

I have yet to make my prediction.  Of all the ones posited in this thread, I think Everything's Right has the best odds.  It's a tough call for sure.  I think very few people picked Fluffhead or Piper for the last two comeback shows.

postjack

with lyrics: Golden Age

without lyrics: Divided Sky
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

tet

I Never Needed You Like This Before
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Caravan2001

Quote from: birdman on May 14, 2021, 02:39:56 PM
Antelope

Quote from: tet on May 14, 2021, 05:10:06 PM
I Never Needed You Like This Before

Those are both excellent calls.  Golden Age a solid pick too. 

Caravan2001

Should we make these calls a little more intere$ting?  We could do a $5 pool and whoever hits wins?  You would need a unique pick (ie: if Birdman picks Antelope than it's off the table for others).  If nothing hits at first show, it carries on until someone's pick is an actual show opener (even if it goes into fall tour and beyond lol).  And maybe if you want, you can pick multiple if you want to hedge bet (ie: Pick Antelope, Piper and Chalkdust and you would throw in $15).

I dunno, maybe this is a dumb idea, but I'm bored on a Friday.  If you're in, chime in and re-confirm your pick(s).  I can tabulate and collect via Venmo or whatever seems good with everyone. We'll close it up the day before AR at Noon PST.

My picks: Llama and Chalkdust.

cactusfan

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 14, 2021, 02:07:03 PM
Quote from: Hicks on May 12, 2021, 11:16:08 PM
It will not be a cover.

Calling Tube.

This is my wife's call as well, for the lines "But rather give myself to science, I felt that I could help, To science, I felt that I can help"

I have yet to make my prediction.  Of all the ones posited in this thread, I think Everything's Right has the best odds.  It's a tough call for sure.  I think very few people picked Fluffhead or Piper for the last two comeback shows.

Not that anyone else has reason to remember this, but back in early '09 (or late '08?) I started the "what's going to be the first song back" thread by predicting Fluffhead. Because it was obviously going to be Fluffhead. It seemed to me. No idea about this one yet...