News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

**Week4paug.net** tribute album thread Revisited

Started by sophist, June 27, 2006, 06:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

I wanted to listen to The Horse on a few systems so I listened in the car today, and I have one area where the volume goes up.  I'll do some normalizing and it could be available tomorrow!  i found a few others on the computer that I'd been working on.  Ya Mar and Cities.  Strange Design and Waste, I'm having trouble staying in time with the metronome, but may try them with drums.  I did The Horse timeless, and I think it turned out fine.  Basically, I'll submit whichever one(s) I happen to breakthrough on.  But don't let my working on these tracks deter anyone else from doing the same song.

Here's to things getting done!

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

Here's The Horse, no laughing.

Criticism welcome.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/u0v5rc

File under Week4Paug Phish Tribute.

Working on others.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

Thanks for all the encouraging words  :wink:

Jephrey

antelope19

I just got around to Downloading it....sorry it took so long.  I liked it.  You seemed to have practiced the guitar enough to nail it.  Which is always a bonus.  And I like your vocals.  All around, a  good version of Horse.  Jephrey, you should be honored.... in my itunes, you are now among the ranks of Johnny Cash, Karl Densons Tiny Universe, Keller Williams,  :phish::syf:, Van Halen, and a few others.   :-D  :roll:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

jephrey

Thanks.  I think the timing was on.  I checked it against a live version and was off only by a few secs.  It really puts you in your place when you listen to a live version and it sounds (as far as the guitar skill goes) about a zillion times better...  It's obvoiusly not perfect, but I think it's my best effort.  I'm no singer, but I am satisfied with my vocals. so no complaints from the cover artist.

I'm fiending for more reviews.  With 3 tracks, that are pretty much album-worthy (If mine is deemed as such), we are at least showing progress.  Hopefully we can get a few more submissions in the upcoming weeks.  I'm trying to get another done this week.

Jephrey

and yes, even if you listen to it once, I am honored.

susep

Good job Jeph>sounds fine to me>I used to play this quite a bit back in the day and then segue into some other tune that was in G. :-D

Itsnotanexperience

Jephrey - very cool track, man!!    It'll make a nice contribution to the trib-album, for sure..........it's great
that we're finally starting to get some tracks together!!

Nice work man!!

jephrey

Itsnotanexperience

Jeph - what else are you planning on doing?

I think my band's going to start playing 1st Tube in our live set, and I thought I'd add that at some point............Unless Gimmetela's former band-friends do it........

Itsnotanexperience

Phan003 - I'm dying to hear your Ghost man!!!  Any closer at all?

jephrey

I've been doing a little every night, just putting ideas down.  I have a backdrop for cities that I like.  I also have a Ya Mar that I like although it's really simple.  I may do that, sing and add some lead.  Then, like Horse, I have been practicing Waste and Strange Design, although SD would be better with keys so I may try Waste.  It's a shot in the dark.  Basically, if I get a good track to add to one of them, I'll work on it and hopefully get to a point where I can finish it up.  But like I said earlier, don't hesitate to do any of these songs.  They're all up for grabs.

Jephrey

sophist

Quote from: Itsnotanexperience on August 03, 2006, 04:03:38 PM
Phan003 - I'm dying to hear your Ghost man!!!  Any closer at all?
we got a new one recorded! just in the mixing and editing phase.  I would like to do one more take though, I'm hoping for some session time friday.  I just started a new job, so my free time has been very limited.  I may post the latest recording though (it has a few rough spots, but some very good spots also).  we'll see how the time goes.....
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Itsnotanexperience

Kewlness - can't wait!!

It's great that this is taking off as well as it is..................so, is Marmar going to contribute something as well?

cactusfan

jephrey, just listened to the horse. very nice. the guitar sounds great. now we're hurting for a silent in the morning!

sirtubepiper

Quote from: cactusfan on August 08, 2006, 06:15:02 PM
jephrey, just listened to the horse. very nice. the guitar sounds great. now we're hurting for a silent in the morning!

nothing to contribute to this thread but...the horse would be good in like a sandwich.

like if somebody is doing ghost...Ghost -> the Horse -> Jam.