News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Right Now Im Watching

Started by ucusty, November 06, 2006, 10:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Anyone here been watching Horace and Pete?  It's Louis CK's new show that he is producing and financing himself.  He releases new episodes every Saturday morning on his website.  He's able to produce them really quickly, so there's always extremely topical stuff in the dialog.  It's also clear that he couldn't care less about rules.  Some episodes are an hour-ish, others are a half-hour-ish. 

The tone of the show, however, is very consistent.  I wouldn't exactly call it a comedy, I guess you can call it a "comedy-drama."  Some really dark stuff happens, but the banter is hilarious enough to keep you laughing despite the fact that these are some of the most depressing characters ever. 

Anyhow, I highly recommend giving it a shot. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

anthrax

VA $l!m

finished another summertime binge- all 5 seasons of The Wire. - what a classic.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

If you like gangster dramas i highly recommend checking out "Gomorrah" on sundance tv- cable/on demand/onliine

its about the modern day mafia in Naples Italy. real modern and gritty.

its in italian so theres subtitles, but its well worth it.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: VA $l!m on September 29, 2016, 12:18:20 AM
If you like gangster dramas i highly recommend checking out "Gomorrah" on sundance tv- cable/on demand/onliine

its about the modern day mafia in Naples Italy. real modern and gritty.

its in italian so theres subtitles, but its well worth it.

With Narcos over, I may have to check this out.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

Phil and phriends 1st night!! 

susep

Star Wars - A New Hope

After seeing Rogue One yesterday and in honor of Carrie's passing.  The one that started it all. 💫

VDB

After the stream we put on a couple episodes of BBC's Life, paired with late-70s Herbie Hancock.
Very recommended.
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

Not an Anne Hathaway fan or anything, but the premise of this flick is fucking awesome and I definitely want to see it:

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Arrested Development

Starting from the beginning.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

Roadies Season One (and most likely the only one)

A show that featured real musicians and venues across the country seemed to have so much promise.  There are a lot of great ideas in this show...but...it's frigging terrible.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on February 16, 2017, 07:11:09 AM
Roadies Season One (and most likely the only one)

A show that featured real musicians and venues across the country seemed to have so much promise.  There are a lot of great ideas in this show...but...it's frigging terrible.

Watched it. Loved it... but it was terrible. Not surprised it was not renewed.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

I gave up after ten minutes or so. Even worse than Vinyl.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

khalpin