News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 12, 2019, 01:05:19 PM
^^^LULZ!!

Half way through this...

Worth reading?  I imagine it's awfully depressing.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: khalpin on September 12, 2019, 06:30:25 PM

Worth reading?  I imagine it's awfully depressing.

If you were a hockey fan in the 80s-90s, then you'll love it.
It is pretty heavy shit that he went through and still perform at the highest level.
He has obviously done his homework as far as recounting great moments from that era of hockey.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

At home, I'm reading this Neil Rosenberg's Bluegrass: A History

on the train, I'm reading Jeanette Leach's Seasons They Change: The Story of Acid and Psychedelic Folk

mopper_smurf

This is just in: Neil Young & Phil Baker - To Feel the Music: A Songwriter's Mission to Save High-Quality Audio
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 13, 2019, 08:20:55 AM
At home, I'm reading this Neil Rosenberg's Bluegrass: A History

on the train, I'm reading Jeanette Leach's Seasons They Change: The Story of Acid and Psychedelic Folk

Both of these look like they'd be right up my alley.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

Bruce Dickinson-What Does This Button Do

Multibeast12

I just finished Dune Messiah. I know the movie won't cover it but it was good and I am now more hyped to see this world on a screen. Might take a break before the third and read something else. I haven't decided yet.

susep

Pretty fun so far.  Only recently have I really began to enjoy their music outside of Hot Rocks for example.  Sticky Fingers definitely helped open a few more doors, now I'm walking all over their house/mansion!  Its fun comparing bands as well, their timelines and evolution.  Keith is a great story teller, very clear recollections and insights.  Looking forward to more. 

mopper_smurf

Jennifer Otter Bickerdike - You Are Beautiful and You Are Alone: The Biography of Nico
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

emay

I read a couple Haruki Marukami books - Norwegian wood and South of the border, West of the sun.
Now I am reading Beats and B-Sides by Laurent Fintoni & Midnight Library by Matt Haig

sunrisevt

Currently on a non-fiction kick, scholarly works for popular readership:

"These Truths: A History of the United States" by Jill Lepore;

"A History of God: The 4,000-Year Quest of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam" by Karen Armstrong; and

"Against the Grain: A Deep History of the Earliest States" by James C. Scott.

Interesting material and easy to put down/pick up again.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

VDB

Quote from: emay on August 04, 2021, 10:49:58 AM
I read a couple Haruki Marukami books - Norwegian wood and South of the border, West of the sun.
Now I am reading Beats and B-Sides by Laurent Fintoni & Midnight Library by Matt Haig

What did you think of those Marukami books? I recently read his collection of stories "Men Without Women" and enjoyed it, but I have no other experience with the author.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

Quote from: VDB on August 04, 2021, 09:28:39 PM
Quote from: emay on August 04, 2021, 10:49:58 AM

What did you think of those Marukami books? I recently read his collection of stories "Men Without Women" and enjoyed it, but I have no other experience with the author.

I enjoyed them. They were easy to read even though it wasn't the most captivating story. Some elements of Realism throughout and a lot of introspect with main characters.

mopper_smurf

Mark Blake - Bring It On Home: Peter Grant, Led Zeppelin and Beyond: The Story of Rock's Greatest Manager
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram