News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 17, 2021, 06:40:54 AM
I'm stuck at home today dealing with the water damage from the flood and the restoration guys.

If someone could grab me a copy of the Czarface 'Czar Noir' album today, I'd really appreciate it!

Disregard. My brother-in-law got me a copy!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on July 21, 2021, 03:40:00 PM
5LP Neal Casal tribute for $12?

https://www.amazon.com/Highway-Butterfly-Songs-Neal-Casal/dp/B099TPX82S/?ots=1&tag=pitchfo2020-20&linkCode=w50&cid=60f81dc93fd3b1998b3403d0

Highly doubt the order goes through, but worth a shot.

I placed an order. I've got the new Umphrey's album on preorder from Amazon for $12, too. I've been wondering if that's going to go through.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 21, 2021, 05:28:19 PM

https://www.amazon.com/Highway-Butterfly-Songs-Neal-Casal/dp/B099TPX82S/?ots=1&tag=pitchfo2020-20&linkCode=w50&cid=60f81dc93fd3b1998b3403d0

I placed an order. I've got the new Umphrey's album on preorder from Amazon for $12, too. I've been wondering if that's going to go through.

Maybe Amazon will do you a favor and cancel that one.

HEY YO!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Glad to see the full line-up and a release date for that Neal tribute. I threw down on the kickstarter for that...

Oh and Amazon has pulled that listing. Expect a cancellation with a quickness cos they've got rockets to build.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on July 21, 2021, 08:06:05 PM

HEY YO!

LOL....

Saw that the new Dylan Bootleg Series is up for pre-order.  It's early-mid 80s, so not my favorite era, but I will have to buy for completists sake.  It's a 2xLP so $40 isn't so bad.  I have been a little underwhelmed with the last couple but I need to give the Johnny Cash one another try.  Still need the Whitmark Demos and the Scorcese soundtrack one to complete the collection.  Mad i passed on Whitmark, it was so cheap for so long and now it's too expensive.  If you've got one, let's make a deal :-)

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 23, 2021, 04:25:55 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 21, 2021, 08:06:05 PM

HEY YO!

LOL....

Saw that the new Dylan Bootleg Series is up for pre-order.  It's early-mid 80s, so not my favorite era, but I will have to buy for completists sake.  It's a 2xLP so $40 isn't so bad.  I have been a little underwhelmed with the last couple but I need to give the Johnny Cash one another try.  Still need the Whitmark Demos and the Scorcese soundtrack one to complete the collection.  Mad i passed on Whitmark, it was so cheap for so long and now it's too expensive.  If you've got one, let's make a deal :-)

There's also a Dylan boxset from the same era on Third Man Records, its TMR vault#49. The email said their box will have no overlap between the 2xLP and the 4xLP boxset.

https://thirdmanrecords.com/news/third-man-records-announces-vault-package-49-bob-dylan-springtime-in-new-york-the-bootleg-series-vol-16-1980-1985

mistercharlie

The next volume of the Spiritualized 'Spaceman Reissue Program' is up. LAGWAFIS on 'Neptune blue' vinyl, with a different cover. I have the VMP reissue, so I think I may skip this one. It looks like it has the Elvis verse in it just like the VMP release.

https://spiritualizedband.bandcamp.com/album/ladies-and-gentlemen-we-are-floating-in-space

WhatstheUse?

Can anyone point me towards vinyl releases with creative packaging? I?m brainstorming ideas for my solo release but am clueless in this realm. I?ve never actually boughten a record in my life lol.

I want to include a booklet or perhaps individual song cards that include lyrics or something like that? have y?all come across a record packaging (jacket? Sleeve? Not sure the correct term) that has some sort of pocket or slit that could hold artwork?  Maybe this is a standard thing? I wouldn?t know!
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 27, 2021, 09:54:20 AM
Can anyone point me towards vinyl releases with creative packaging? I?m brainstorming ideas for my solo release but am clueless in this realm. I?ve never actually boughten a record in my life lol.

I want to include a booklet or perhaps individual song cards that include lyrics or something like that? have y?all come across a record packaging (jacket? Sleeve? Not sure the correct term) that has some sort of pocket or slit that could hold artwork?  Maybe this is a standard thing? I wouldn?t know!

You're talking about an insert.
You want to print an insert that can go inside the jacket. HMU, I've been neck deep in record packaging stuff lately.

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 27, 2021, 09:54:20 AM

A Wy.not release?!? and on vinyl, no less! I'm stoked!

susep

Signed up for a 3 month VMP subscription, mostly for September's PE - Fear of a Black Planet.  Also snagged MMW - The Dropper.  Psyched for future releases. 

mattstick

Quote from: susep on August 09, 2021, 06:02:15 PMSigned up for a 3 month VMP subscription, mostly for September's PE - Fear of a Black Planet.  Also snagged MMW - The Dropper.  Psyched for future releases. 

Yeah I had to get both those MMWs. Welcome to VMP, it's the best.

susep

Quote from: mattstick on August 09, 2021, 06:28:40 PM
Quote from: susep on August 09, 2021, 06:02:15 PMSigned up for a 3 month VMP subscription, mostly for September's PE - Fear of a Black Planet.  Also snagged MMW - The Dropper.  Psyched for future releases. 

Yeah I had to get both those MMWs. Welcome to VMP, it's the best.

Didn't realize the scarcity of Uninvisible, snagged that one also. 

mistercharlie

All right, let's start lining up now so we can snag a copy of this...

Joy on 2LP Red/Blue/Black Smash Vinyl:
https://smile.amazon.com/Joy-Red-Purple-Blue-LP/dp/B09C8S65R1/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=phish+joy&qid=1629287982&sr=8-1

The descriptor on the Amazon page is pretty spot on, and definitely fact, and spell,-checked!
QuoteJoy is the 4th studio album from Phish, praised by critics upon it's release in 2004. Rolling Stone called it "a deeper trip than most Phish LPs" in their 4 star review. The "Growing Brighter" edition of Joy is pressed on a tri-color mix of viny (blue, red, black).