News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

1997 Appreciation Thread

Started by anthrax, June 03, 2020, 10:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Quote from: emay on June 03, 2020, 06:27:07 PM
speaking of ice cream and 1997, Phish Food came out in March '97 with that Flynn Theater show to celebrate. Some video of that would be sick.

https://phish.net/setlists/phish-march-18-1997-the-flynn-theatre-burlington-vt-usa.html

They released a couple of tracks from the SBD some time ago... the Harry Hood is great.

natronzero

Have y'all had that B&J's Glampfire Trail Mix though? It's RIDICULOUS.
I mean that term is annoying, "glamping", but shoot...
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Bobafett

Re:ice cream
    I started prepping up my blueberry cheesecake ice cream with oat crumble for this weekend.  It's gonna be so good.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Buffalo Budd

Summer 97 is what started it all for me.
Halley's - Cities - Llama and then the Gin.

Haagen Daaz Caramel Cone Explosion is like crack to me (as is 97 Phish).
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on June 03, 2020, 03:38:48 PM

Other Appreciation threads that we should have if this one is actually necessary:
Ice Cream
Beer
Beautiful Women
etc.

I saw Chicago 8/8, Alpine 8/9 and Darien Lake 8/14 that summer, then Cleveland 12/5 > Auburn Hills 12/6 > Dayton 12/7, Rocheste 12/11 > Albany 12/12 & 12/13.

Beer thread : check

Chick thread: check

Ice Cream thread: already ruined by Mr. C   :samurai:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

justjezmund

Like I say. If I'm not listening to 94 I'm listening to 97. That summer is absolutely insane.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

anthrax

The St. Louis show crushes.  That is all.

ph92

Some of these shows I need to relisten to when I'm not at work so I can really pay attention. But I just did the whole summer chronologically, definitely some gems I forgot about/never heard before! 7/26 was one of these for sure! And whichever Deer Creek show that has the Cities, that shit is money.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mistercharlie

Quote from: ph92 on June 11, 2020, 01:55:29 AM
Some of these shows I need to relisten to when I'm not at work so I can really pay attention. But I just did the whole summer chronologically, definitely some gems I forgot about/never heard before! 7/26 was one of these for sure! And whichever Deer Creek show that has the Cities, that shit is money.

Deer Creek night 1, Aug. 10th, was the Cities. That is still one of my favorite shows I've seen right up there with Riverport '98 and Murat '93!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 11, 2020, 06:19:04 AM
Quote from: ph92 on June 11, 2020, 01:55:29 AM

Deer Creek night 1, Aug. 10th, was the Cities. That is still one of my favorite shows I've seen right up there with Riverport '98 and Murat '93!

Cant wait to relisten to Deer Creek 1.  A buddy and I are going to have a virtual listening party for that one.

Also, at the tail end of the st. Louis Ghost, the band does some stop/start jamming, and the crowd Woos a few times!  Origin of the Woo!?

anthrax

it's been slow going as of late, but i finally made it to maine!  man, this first day is even better than i remember it!   :beers:

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: anthrax on July 06, 2020, 07:49:19 PM
it's been slow going as of late, but i finally made it to maine!  man, this first day is even better than i remember it!   :beers:

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 06, 2020, 08:15:08 PM

sweet pic!  i don't think i have a single picture from that entire summer 97 run i did.  all i cared about was the girl i was traveling with and the shows!  had such an amazing time each and every day, traveling and experiencing life.  didn't feel the need to document anything, just soak it all in.  such a different time than the instagram look at me culture of today.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on July 07, 2020, 10:29:40 AM

sweet pic!  i don't think i have a single picture from that entire summer 97 run i did.  all i cared about was the girl i was traveling with and the shows!  had such an amazing time each and every day, traveling and experiencing life.  didn't feel the need to document anything, just soak it all in.  such a different time than the instagram look at me culture of today.

In the summer of 94 I travelled from Maine to San Francisco and just about everywhere in between camping in National and State Parks along the way. I did not bring a camera. Summer of 95 I did most of summer tour with Phish. Again, no camera. It wasn't until I traveled to Asia in 96-97 that I decided to start documenting things on film.  :frustrated:
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

ph92

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 07, 2020, 11:17:36 AM
Quote from: anthrax on July 07, 2020, 10:29:40 AM

In the summer of 94 I travelled from Maine to San Francisco and just about everywhere in between camping in National and State Parks along the way. I did not bring a camera. Summer of 95 I did most of summer tour with Phish. Again, no camera. It wasn't until I traveled to Asia in 96-97 that I decided to start documenting things on film.  :frustrated:
Honestly, when I'm at the show, I might snap one picture, but that's pretty rare. I do, however, take lots of pictures of the adventures and travel between shows and during the day.

Where'd you travel to in Asia? My dad teaches in China and he has some amazing pictures whenever he comes home. 
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH