News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-12-29 - Madison Square Garden New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, December 30, 2019, 09:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

PHISH, SUNDAY 12/29/2019
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
New York, NY
SET 1: Turtle in the Clouds, The Moma Dance > Kill Devil Falls, Yarmouth Road, The Wedge, Beauty of a Broken Heart, Fuego > My Friend, My Friend[1] > Birds of a Feather, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Walls of the Cave

SET 2: Carini > Back on the Train > Bathtub Gin > Golden Age > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley > Chalk Dust Torture, Harry Hood

ENCORE: Show of Life > Run Like an Antelope

[1] No "Myfe" ending.

antelope19

Looks like a lot of fun to me! Hope everyone is having a blast at these shows!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

emay

1rst set had some moments. WMGGW was well played. Sweet bustout!

2nd set was a lot of fun to watch. That gin jam was sick and the rest of the set was a perfect follow up.
Antelope encore is always welcomed  :rawk:   Great set and overall show.

anthrax

Gumbo72203

this Gin is the business.  Best 3.0 Gin IMO because it moves.  It gets dark and minor key.  It's true Type 2.  I love it.  It's really good.  PAY JORGAN
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

susep

First set is pretty chill, everything is well played, nothing too mind bending.  WMGGW is definitely a set highlight.  Page adds nice color to this version complimenting Trey's heroic bends.  Going back to the GOTF tour, About To Run and a few others in particular, Trey definitely stepped up his guitar playing in 2019 by playing with more bends and, using more vibrato like the old days. 
Carini has a nice mellow, major-y feel in the latter half.  Gin rocks the house big time, slight Under Pressure feel in the jam.  Love the trippy spaces before they reprise the main theme to end.  2001 is superb coming out of GA, they always seem to give 2001 extra sauce in New Year runs.  This one is no different.  Hood is quite good, the LP mix great.  Excellent varied jamming, Trey mixing it up nicely.  The long note sounds a bit contrived, still a solid version and show all around.