News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Ominous Seapods/God Street Wine "reunion"

Started by Gumbo72203, November 15, 2019, 11:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

So, the Seapods will be reuniting 1/10 and 1/11 with Lo Faber from God Street Wine on guitar in place of Dana.  The Seapods reunions have been wonderful, and the turnouts have been incredible.

Any of you guys into them? 

This is probably my favorite thing: 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seapods-and-friends-the-great-north-country-freak-out-tickets-82034422165?fbclid=IwAR2sB9FgTdzuBZMa2VZhKfeJ-9B5UxotzIvBMHHELa2jItlCKNPackcvgdk
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

birdman

I remember God Street Wine playing at my boarding school auditorium my freshman year (1989). This was my first exposure to a jam band. I thought it was weird that their fans followed them to a small show at a high school. I probably left after 5 minutes lol. Would totally love to see them again
Paug FTMFW!

pcr3

Quote from: birdman on November 16, 2019, 07:34:51 AM
I remember God Street Wine playing at my boarding school auditorium my freshman year (1989). This was my first exposure to a jam band. I thought it was weird that their fans followed them to a small show at a high school. I probably left after 5 minutes lol. Would totally love to see them again

Same. I feel like they played at Tufts every month or two while I was there.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Gumbo72203

Well, if you guys want to make the trip out to Albany, we will be opening for the Saturday show in Saratoga :)

I need to familiarize myself more with GSW - everyone up here raves about them and I just don't know their stuff.  The Seapods kill though. 

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

pcr3

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on November 18, 2019, 10:22:15 AM
Well, if you guys want to make the trip out to Albany, we will be opening for the Saturday show in Saratoga :)

I need to familiarize myself more with GSW - everyone up here raves about them and I just don't know their stuff.  The Seapods kill though.

Interesting.  Anyone from MA interested in a road trip?  Seapods were played a lot in my fraternity house, and I remember liking their stuff too.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

birdman

Quote from: pcr3 on November 18, 2019, 12:30:44 PM

Interesting.  Anyone from MA interested in a road trip?  Seapods were played a lot in my fraternity house, and I remember liking their stuff too.
I may be able to pull this off
Paug FTMFW!

pcr3

Quote from: birdman on November 18, 2019, 07:15:41 PM

Let's talk.  Gumbo, is the Saturday show something that will sell out soon?

Gumbo72203

Quote from: pcr3 on November 19, 2019, 09:43:57 AM

Not immediately, but they're already moving fast.  I'd say you have a little bit, but the Seapods fans are tremendously loyal and tenacious.  I know we'll be given low ticket warnings and those haven't been issues just yet, so I think you're good for a little while.

Putnam Place is a REALLY NICE venue, also.  Parking sucks, given that it's downtown Saratoga, but the venue is REALLY nice.  Like, real nice.  Very clean and modern, and a great system.  It can hold a decent amount of people so that's a plus. 

It would be an honor to have you guys out there in front of us. 

pcr3

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on November 20, 2019, 06:04:27 PM
Quote from: pcr3 on November 19, 2019, 09:43:57 AM

Not immediately, but they're already moving fast.  I'd say you have a little bit, but the Seapods fans are tremendously loyal and tenacious.  I know we'll be given low ticket warnings and those haven't been issues just yet, so I think you're good for a little while.

Putnam Place is a REALLY NICE venue, also.  Parking sucks, given that it's downtown Saratoga, but the venue is REALLY nice.  Like, real nice.  Very clean and modern, and a great system.  It can hold a decent amount of people so that's a plus. 

It would be an honor to have you guys out there in front of us.

:lol: You don't have to lie to get us to come. 

Gumbo72203