News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on November 22, 2020, 03:51:01 PM
Wow, a $100 for a fairly standard RE of Let it Bleed? Just nuts. 

That's insane.  F that.  There are so many OGs out there.  There are a million variants of the old ones and I am not sure which is the rarest or best sounding one but I got a sealed 1969 UK press for like $50-60 on ebay.  It was cool to crack the shrink on a 50 year old record and it sounds great. People freak out over whether it has the box around London or whether it is maroon or blue label, I can't even remember  what mine is, but my point is you can get an original, clean UK for less than that and you know it will sound better.  SMH.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 22, 2020, 08:52:42 PM

That's insane.  F that.  There are so many OGs out there.  There are a million variants of the old ones and I am not sure which is the rarest or best sounding one but I got a sealed 1969 UK press for like $50-60 on ebay.  It was cool to crack the shrink on a 50 year old record and it sounds great. People freak out over whether it has the box around London or whether it is maroon or blue label, I can't even remember  what mine is, but my point is you can get an original, clean UK for less than that and you know it will sound better.  SMH.

Totally ridiculous. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mopper_smurf

Cash grab...
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

tet

um, wow... just stupid
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Caravan2001

Got the Gordo/Kottke vinyl in the mail today.  Sounds amazing.  I would say that even if my friend didn't Record/Mix/Produce it, but he did so I am doubly impressed.  Def worth picking up, the vinyl significantly trumps the digital in sound.

mattstick

Been a while since we've seen the collections... post 'em up.

rowjimmy

I'm spread out in a couple rooms between shelves and floors and boxes...
Not very photogenic.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 25, 2020, 08:28:47 AM
Not very photogenic.

Same here. I even have half the collection on the ground floor and another half in the basement batcave.

However, back on the subject of Mail Days...

Glad I beat the wife home for this one! I've never had the mail carrier just leave the big white basket before.

6 record mailers, a book from Amazon, a Pollock Recycle t-shirt, and a box of contacts for my wife.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 25, 2020, 09:06:25 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 25, 2020, 08:28:47 AM
Not very photogenic.

Same here. I even have half the collection on the ground floor and another half in the basement batcave.

However, back on the subject of Mail Days...

Glad I beat the wife home for this one! I've never had the mail carrier just leave the big white basket before.

6 record mailers, a book from Amazon, a Pollock Recycle t-shirt, and a box of contacts for my wife.

Nice mail day!

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 24, 2020, 08:31:24 PM
Got the Gordo/Kottke vinyl in the mail today.  Sounds amazing.  I would say that even if my friend didn't Record/Mix/Produce it, but he did so I am doubly impressed.  Def worth picking up, the vinyl significantly trumps the digital in sound.

Yeah it sounds killer, definitely recommend grabbing it. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on November 25, 2020, 01:43:17 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 24, 2020, 08:31:24 PM

Yeah it sounds killer, definitely recommend grabbing it.

My copy was just delivered and is waiting at home for me. I got Sigma Oasis yesterday.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

My store (Waterloo Records) had a lottery for RSD Black Friday... My entry time is second to last. boooooo... Really just hoping to score the Willie Nelson release and I'm guessing that they got bunches of them.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 25, 2020, 04:45:37 PM
My store (Waterloo Records) had a lottery for RSD Black Friday... My entry time is second to last. boooooo... Really just hoping to score the Willie Nelson release and I'm guessing that they got bunches of them.

If all you want is the Willie...  :mrgreen:... Comeback Vinyl posted their list and they have 100+ copies in stock.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1N9Xm6mr8RMLPpg70koNSi2ytYbdXcw4CO1eCtcRqizA/htmlview

Hicks

Marley Half Speed Remasters are $21 and change at UDiscover if you use the code COMEBACK.

Had to grab a couple. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on November 27, 2020, 12:31:33 PM
Marley Half Speed Remasters are $21 and change at UDiscover if you use the code COMEBACK.

Had to grab a couple.

Thanks dude, I grabbed a stack of them.  Got most of them except Exodus since I have the box.

Snagged Garcia RSD on eBay for 82 with shipping.  Figure its was worth the $12 premium not to have to leave my house.