News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2009-06-18 Post Gazette Pavillion - Burgettstown, PA - Official Roll Call Thread

Started by McGrupp, January 30, 2009, 12:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on February 01, 2009, 11:11:17 AM
and you can also kinda check out the ballpark without a game.  There is a nice restaurant there upstairs where you can eat while overlooking the field

That's cool, and we may do that, but it's not the same, you know?  Thanks for the heads up though. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

whyweigh5.0

yeah i know its not the same... but you could check out other stuff while in the city too.  The South Side, Point State Park, the incline.  You could take a ride down the river on one of the Ferrys
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

antelope19

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on February 01, 2009, 11:17:47 AM
yeah i know its not the same... but you could check out other stuff while in the city too.  The South Side, Point State Park, the incline.  You could take a ride down the river on one of the Ferrys

yeah, I'm open to suggestions.  We're both taking that thursday/friday off, so we may as well check out the city.  I haven't been up there in almost 15 years!  Although, my buddy is a diehard Ravens fan and may have issues with hanging out in Pittsburgh.   :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

OlfactoryHue

i have tickets and am planning on going, but man does it sort of stink to use two vacation days and see only one show, thinking of maybe then trekking to DC, tho i hear it's about 7 hrs from Burgetts, and from me to burgetts is 7 hours, a 14 hr drive back east is a bit much.

maybe i'll investigate flying for this
"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it." Randle Patrick McMurphy

McGrupp

Quote from: OlfactoryHue on February 02, 2009, 04:57:11 PM
i have tickets and am planning on going, but man does it sort of stink to use two vacation days and see only one show, thinking of maybe then trekking to DC, tho i hear it's about 7 hrs from Burgetts, and from me to burgetts is 7 hours, a 14 hr drive back east is a bit much.

maybe i'll investigate flying for this

Definitely not 7 hours from Burgetts to DC - probably more like 4.5
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

OlfactoryHue

"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it." Randle Patrick McMurphy

mattstick

This is the closest show to Toronto, and it's the day after my birthday but some reason I'm not going... WTF?

Declan

Quote from: mattstick on February 02, 2009, 05:20:50 PM

This is the closest show to Toronto, and it's the day after my birthday but some reason I'm not going... WTF?

you going to alpine?
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

mattstick

Yeah, and Bonnaroo.

I don't want to burn all my days off work before Fall Tour/NYE.

blatboom

Quote from: mattstick on February 02, 2009, 05:20:50 PM

and you just know it's gonna rawk.

Blaise

Quote from: mattstick on February 02, 2009, 05:27:53 PM

Yeah, and Bonnaroo.

That was my concern for this show but when someone had extras I was quick to say ok. I think I am going to only take off thursday/friday from work for this night through sunday alpine. I think I will drive out that wed night, get there in the am, drink, go to the next nights and then drive home after alpine sunday. I can make it to work monday and then get 4 shows in w/ only taking 2 days off.

Declan

Yeah, and Bonnaroo.

yeah... personally i didn't want to push it...

it's too close to the alpine date.... and I didn't want to really drive that far
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

emperor_brian

Quote from: Declan on February 02, 2009, 07:53:50 PM

Yeah, and Bonnaroo.

yeah... personally i didn't want to push it...

it's too close to the alpine date.... and I didn't want to really drive that far

Of course, if you're the superstitious sort, one can say that that is the attitude the band bank on for surprise bust-out madness like 2003's Pittsburgh show or 1998 E Center  :wink:

Having only seen six shows that tour including that one, I had a LOT of people grumble at me who saw almost the whole tour but skipped what they saw as an inconsequential gig on paper (versus more celebrated venues).

Of course, trying to predict these things is futile, just a funny thought.
"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open." - Frank Zappa

OlfactoryHue

if your worried about days off, skip b roo, shit will eat up 4 vacation days for me, 4 vacation days for 3 sets of phish = not worth it

RR/Gorge/any west coast shows trump using four days for b roo, for me anyways

blatboom

Quote from: OlfactoryHue on February 03, 2009, 01:50:59 PM
if your worried about days off, skip b roo, shit will eat up 4 vacation days for me, 4 vacation days for 3 sets of phish = not worth it

only 3 sets?