News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Star Wars

Started by redrum, December 30, 2007, 05:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Speaking of fan cuts and edits and such things, I did see the fan cut that incorporates the Siege of Mandalore from the final Clone Wars season into Revenge of The Sith. Pretty cool.

It's not for everyone but holy hell that Clone Wars finale is awesome.

Very excited to see Ahsoka in Mandolorian this season. Also, I really expect that the tie-in back to Rebels (the Dark Sabre) is going to deliver.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 23, 2020, 08:10:51 AM
Speaking of fan cuts and edits and such things, I did see the fan cut that incorporates the Siege of Mandalore from the final Clone Wars season into Revenge of The Sith. Pretty cool.

Very excited to see Ahsoka in Mandolorian this season. Also, I really expect that the tie-in back to Rebels (the Dark Sabre) is going to deliver.

Both of these things! Moff Gideon is going to play a much bigger part in the next season, I suspect.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 23, 2020, 09:15:42 AM

Both of these things! Moff Gideon is going to play a much bigger part in the next season, I suspect.

I think he'll remain a looming, background threat for a bit. Btu once our titular character finds out that Gideon has the dark saber and the back story on that thing... it's gonna be ON.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 23, 2020, 09:54:31 AM

I think he'll remain a looming, background threat for a bit. Btu once our titular character finds out that Gideon has the dark saber and the back story on that thing... it's gonna be ON.

As long as they don't 'Snoke' him and just kill him off with out any character exposition.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 23, 2020, 10:04:51 AM

As long as they don't 'Snoke' him and just kill him off with out any character exposition.

Filoni won't do us like that.

VDB

Quote from: cactusfan on September 22, 2020, 03:00:57 PM
In which I babble at length about watching this new/old Star Wars...

https://www.standbyformindcontrol.com/2020/09/original-star-wars-project-4k77/

Fine work as usual from you. One day I will hunt down these various fan versions, I tell myself...
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Bump

This season was amazing and that finale....Wow.

No spoiler, but make sure you watch the entire credits. There?s a deleted scene at the end.  :-o
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Bobafett

Yeah it was a great finale.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

anthrax

Quote from: antelope19 on December 19, 2020, 12:51:38 AM

thanks for posting...i totally missed that!

very please with where these have been going!

Bump

This season was amazing and that finale....Wow.

No spoiler, but make sure you watch the entire credits. There?s a deleted scene at the end.  :-o

kellerb

I've seen mixed opinions on the cgi at the end. 
I thought it seemed like they were trying to make him look ~1983ish in video quality

mistercharlie

My only issue with the ending was [Speculation][spoiler]Since Luke takes Grogu and this is happening around 5 years after Return of the Jedi, then Grogu must die in the next 25 years (before Force Awakens when Luke is the last Jedi). I don't want poor Grogu to die at the tender young age of 75![/spoiler][/speculation]

Also, [spoiler]FINALLY A BOBA FETT SHOW!!!!!! FUCK YEAH[/spoiler]

Hicks

Enjoyed Season 2 but show needs some "red shirts" to take one for the good guys. 

It just gets a bit ridiculous, even for SW, when the stormtroopers never, ever hit anybody. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

pcr3

I absolutely loved season 2, especially the last few episodes. So is season 3 about Boba? What does Din Djarin do now?

Also, I?m guessing everyone is aware of the announcements from the disney investors meeting, but I thought it would be fun to discuss...

1) Mandalorian season 3-Is the Boba thing part of this or separate? Either way,  :banana:

2) Ahsoka series  :clap:

3) Obi-Wan limited series (with Hayden Vader appearing!)  :samurai:

4) Rangers of the New Republic series  :police:

5) Andor series (character from Rogue 1)  8-)

6) Rogue Squadron movie  :wtu:  :sbw:

7) Lando series  :mrgreen:

8) Acolyte series  :evil:

9) Bad Batch animated series  :beerbang:

There?s more, but those seem like the most defined ones for now. HOLY SHIT.  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mistercharlie

Quote from: pcr3 on December 20, 2020, 11:38:43 PM
I absolutely loved season 2, especially the last few episodes. So is season 3 about Boba? What does Din Djarin do now?

Also, I?m guessing everyone is aware of the announcements from the disney investors meeting, but I thought it would be fun to discuss...

1) Mandalorian season 3-Is the Boba thing part of this or separate? Either way,  :banana:

2) Ahsoka series  :clap:

3) Obi-Wan limited series (with Hayden Vader appearing!)  :samurai:

4) Rangers of the New Republic series  :police:

5) Andor series (character from Rogue 1)  8-)

6) Rogue Squadron movie  :wtu:  :sbw:

7) Lando series  :mrgreen:

8) Acolyte series  :evil:

9) Bad Batch animated series  :beerbang:

There?s more, but those seem like the most defined ones for now. HOLY SHIT.  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The Book of Boba  Fett will be a separate show, not The Mandolorian Season 3. They withheld its announcement at the investors meeting to retain the surprise.

I'm also interested in learning more about 'A Droids Tale'. I'm guessing that it will explore Artoo's time without Luke.

rowjimmy

So much good shit in the pipeline and what an terrific season of Mando. I LOVED the finale. Complainers about the CGI and fuck off. There's only one person who could have walked through that door and it was either CGI or recasting and someone was bound to be pissed. I say they handled it in the best possible fashion.

Gone ahead and started a rewatch of Rebels because I expect some tie-in from both the Ahsoka series and possibly Andor's show. I've skipped season 1 because it's a bit spotty (if you haven't watched the series, don't skip. It's worth seeing.) but jumping in on Season two it's killer.