News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 26, 2020, 08:20:53 AM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 26, 2020, 03:42:48 AM

I love my local record store. Only two of these made it to the Netherlands and they had one. 2143/10650

I can't see your pics, did you get the Hendrix 7"?

Yup!
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Cool. I grabbed that and the Lee Fields reissue.
My shop had such limited supplies of most things that they were out of what I really wanted by the time I got in. I grabbed a couple used things and split. A buddy in NYC got all three of the things I wanted for me.
Melanie w/ ISB
ABB '71
Roger Waters - The Wall Live

So... not a bad morning.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 26, 2020, 09:35:57 AM
Cool. I grabbed that and the Lee Fields reissue.
My shop had such limited supplies of most things that they were out of what I really wanted by the time I got in. I grabbed a couple used things and split. A buddy in NYC got all three of the things I wanted for me.
Melanie w/ ISB
ABB '71
Roger Waters - The Wall Live

So... not a bad morning.

Just got a text from my best friend that picked up the Primus for me. My store had s shitload of the Roger Waters album this morning. Also: shortest queue ever. There were 7 of us.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

susep

Decided to hit RSD last minute, 8th in line out of 15 early birds.  Missed the ABB '71 as they only had 3 copies.  Essentially once you get in, they give you 2 minutes, one person at a time.  Snagged the Paul McCartney RE and the Notorious BIG box.  Passed on the Jimi 7in.  Not a huge Biggy fan although my son and I watched the Tupac/Biggy series on 'flix this past Summer.  Will keep the box sealed and resell at a later date. 

nab

Loving the pace of the vinyl scene here in Billings. Much slower than it was in Missoula.

Came in an hour after open and scored the Jerry box and the AB.

mistercharlie

Woo! I just snagged my Primus and the shop I hit had the ABB in stock too, so I grabbed that also. Nice RSD for me.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Pretty excited for the Tom Petty "Wildflowers & All The Rest" release later this month, did anyone go big and pre-order the 9LP set?

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on September 30, 2020, 08:52:19 AM
Pretty excited for the Tom Petty "Wildflowers & All The Rest" release later this month, did anyone go big and pre-order the 9LP set?

I almost custied up for the 7 disc on Amazon but my wife threatened me so I settled for the 3 LP.  :|
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 30, 2020, 10:16:57 AM
Quote from: mattstick on September 30, 2020, 08:52:19 AM

I almost custied up for the 7 disc on Amazon but my wife threatened me so I settled for the 3 LP.  :|

I held off, I think we'll see the 7LP price drop. 

Pre-ordered the 4 CD though. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Black Friday RSD list is now out. Not much of interest to me on it. The most glaring omission is no Farmhouse!

https://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalEvent/579
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

Black Friday wantlist:

Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings: Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Rendition Was In)
https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/13208

Sonny Rollins: Rollins In Holland: The 1967 Studio & Live Recordings
https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/13230
Twitter | FB | Instagram

rowjimmy

Garcia Live & Sharon is all I'm seeing.

susep

Definitely intrigued by Grand Puba and the Herbie Hancock Trio(telepathy is high between these three).  I too was hoping for Farmhouse.  Maybe they'll surprise us w/ something Big.
Add Sonny Rollins to my list as well. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 07, 2020, 01:19:34 PM
Black Friday RSD list is now out. Not much of interest to me on it. The most glaring omission is no Farmhouse!

https://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalEvent/579

Yeah, pretty lame imo.  Gonna go for the JGB (love that show) but once again, literally half of these records are rehashes/reissues/reboots of old, and not especially rare albums.  Might check out the live Lou Reed, but not sure I really need it on vinyl.  The Rollins is probably cool.

mistercharlie

To open, or not to open? That is the question.

I got my VMP package yesterday and it had my Outkast - Stankonia, Monk - Palo Alto, and, The Budos Band - Long In The Tooth. The Budos band album is a pressing of 500 and my copy is #1. I always open and play my vinyl, that's the point of collecting. But I feel like #1 is special,  and I should buy another variant for opening and playing.

What's everyone's opinion on this?