News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'Paug Parents!

Started by newplanet7, June 10, 2007, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

Quote from: Mr Minor on March 23, 2009, 01:09:40 PM

Check out this thread.  Good points either way.

http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=10125.msg190730#msg190730

Thanks guys! I knew there was a discussion a while back, but once I determined it wasn't in this thread I was lost.

SPAC is close to home for us--2 hours from home, and just 1 hour from a place we can stay free. It also has a huge park extending back from the lawn, which makes it one venue I think I could feel comfortable with. And as far as partying goes, well, by then I'll have been to at least 5  :phish: shows already this year. So it'll depend on our comfort and Ellie's general attitude as the summer goes along.... If we get tix, today I'd bet that we'll go for it.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

rowjimmy

For me it comes down to this.

If you have to leave early, how unhappy will you be?

birdman

I took my oldest daughter to three shows when she was <2.
I had to leave the last one early.
I never took her again.

It was fun having her around, but its way more effort.
Paug FTMFW!

Ri©h

Quote from: sunrisevt on March 23, 2009, 01:02:56 PM
Bump with a purpose--

In anticipation of getting SPAC tickets, I'd love to read whatever you all think about taking a little one (~18 months this summer) to shows.

I was having a chat about this yesterday, if I recall. ;)

Bro, don't do this. In all honesty it's not the atmosphere for a toddler. Drugs, freaks, lot rats and a rock concert for a child that young? Do you really want to expose your kids to something that crazy at such a young age? Look, it's just one man's opinion, but I've seen children at shows and in the lot and it's just not an environment for them. That's adult time.

My half penny.

jedifunk

i think i've chimed in before... BUT eli is gonna be 6 next month...

AND is DEFINITELY going to shoreline.... he's the bomb, and loves to dance to phish, and this will be the best show for him to go to (vs the gorge & alpine).  plus there are going to be about 25 of our best friends who will finally get to meet him, so its a win all around for us.

the timing is right for us... finally
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sunrisevt

Shit, what about ticketing for an 18 month old? That could definitely be a factor...
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

birdman

Quote from: sunrisevt on March 27, 2009, 02:01:39 PM
Shit, what about ticketing for an 18 month old? That could definitely be a factor...
I think "lap babies" are usually free.
I never paid for my daughter at the few shows we took her to.
Paug FTMFW!

sunrisevt

Yeah, I guess I better check w/ SPAC.

Edit: Yes, I have rudimentary knowledge of the interwebs.

http://www.spac.org/groundrules.cfm

QuoteChildren under 2 years admitted free to all events. If adults have inside seats they may sit in the adult patrons lap but may not utilize an additional seat unless purchased for them.

Mr Minor

Quote from: birdman on March 27, 2009, 02:03:38 PM

Not to be confused with lap dances.

birdman

Quote from: Mr Minor on March 27, 2009, 02:05:46 PM
Quote from: birdman on March 27, 2009, 02:03:38 PM

Not to be confused with lap dances.
They are similar...you can end up with a mess in your lap either way. :evil: :roll:
Paug FTMFW!

Mr Minor

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

keeb333

We took our oldest to his first show when he was almost 5...summer, outdoors (Walnut Creek '03), camped afterwards.  It was a ball!!  He had a blast, loved the music.  He got a little tired by the end, but we were near the back of the lawn where it was less crowded, and we had brought a big blanket for him to lie down.  It was a great time!  He'll be 11 this summer, remembers going the first time, and can't wait to see them again!

I wouldn't take a young child to an indoor show, but outdoors should be cool.  My advice would be to stay where it's not very crowded, and you guys should be fine!  Have fun!

Caravan2001

We will be needing to take our 2 year old to the first Gorge show because we are leaving for vacation the next day and driving back to Portland adds 4-5 hours of driving back in the direction we came.  She should be fine and the Gorge should not be too hectic, as long as we stay away from the campground.....We took her to the Mike Gordon show on my birthday last year at battery park and she raged it.  Stayed up till midnight and just danced and ran around the whole show, so it should be cool...

sunrisevt

Quote from: caravan2001 on March 29, 2009, 12:25:39 PM
We will be needing to take our 2 year old to the first Gorge show because we are leaving for vacation the next day and driving back to Portland adds 4-5 hours of driving back in the direction we came.  She should be fine and the Gorge should not be too hectic, as long as we stay away from the campground.....We took her to the Mike Gordon show on my birthday last year at battery park and she raged it.  Stayed up till midnight and just danced and ran around the whole show, so it should be cool...

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm hoping for at SPAC. If we decide against it, though, we've got four grandparents w/in a couple of hours of Saratoga.