News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'Paug Parents!

Started by newplanet7, June 10, 2007, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

Phish is my relaxation time away from family and with friends and for that reason I probably wouldn't bring Jack (7).  However, I'd bring him and Ally (8 days till 4) to some other kind of show.  Eventually I'll bring my son with to Phish, I'm just not ready to be tied down AT ALL yet.  If I want to roam the lot, start talking to strangers, drink beers, etc, I don't want any other responsibility.

On the other hand, as a family, I could see how it'd be alright.  But as others mentioned, especially sub 2 years old, you have to be prepared to leave early.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ri©h

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on April 09, 2009, 10:19:20 PM
Quote from: willsteele on April 07, 2009, 11:21:12 AM
My wife shits on Kung, vaccuum solos, schreeching noises of any kind and the like.  Therefore I leave them out entirely.  Strictly for her sake.

Wonder if there has ever been any studies about music and fetal development.  There are studies about music and plants so there would have to be I would think.

I've joined that club as well. I can listen to as much  :phish: as I want, but I have to plan ahead and skip some of their weirder, goofier, more experimental moments.

I used to do that until my 3 year old daughter heard the vocal jam from the 3/6 YEM. She commented that "they sing silly" and proceeded to prance around to it. I figured if she can get down to a vocal jam as weird as that one she'll be just fine with Phish.  :-D

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: (¿ɟʇʍ) ɥɔıɹ on April 15, 2009, 12:14:25 PM
Quote from: Play_It_Leo on April 09, 2009, 10:19:20 PM
Quote from: willsteele on April 07, 2009, 11:21:12 AM
My wife shits on Kung, vaccuum solos, schreeching noises of any kind and the like.  Therefore I leave them out entirely.  Strictly for her sake.

Wonder if there has ever been any studies about music and fetal development.  There are studies about music and plants so there would have to be I would think.

I've joined that club as well. I can listen to as much  :phish: as I want, but I have to plan ahead and skip some of their weirder, goofier, more experimental moments.

I used to do that until my 3 year old daughter heard the vocal jam from the 3/6 YEM. She commented that "they sing silly" and proceeded to prance around to it. I figured if she can get down to a vocal jam as weird as that one she'll be just fine with Phish.  :-D

Awesome. Yeah, I'm determined my 2.5 year old daughter will be a phan. She already sings Gotta Jibboo and makes my wife put it on at home sometimes. I'll have to start her on some vocal jams soon  :-D
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

nab

My daughter every time Reba comes on:

"Bag it, take it store!"

When SOAM comes on:

"Down, Down, Down"

Any other Phish song:

"Daddy, wanna dance?"

jephrey

My daughter makes me sing bathtub gin and/or lawnboy at bedtime; Non-Phish but related, I also get to do "I get a kick out of you".  I think I've got a pretty good way of singing gin as a lullaby.  It's mostly the same but compressed in the spots where there's typically instrumental.  I can never say no.  She also LOVES her purple Phish shirt.  She calls it her phishy shirt - just like yours dad!
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

wow, lucky!  my kid resents me and everything i stand for!

j/k... but soon enough
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

khalpin

My kids love :phish: although mostly for the dancing.  I get a serious workout whenever Daniel Saw the Stone comes on and of course, whenever it's over I get "Again!  Again!"

But as of late, my son is requesting Iron Maiden a lot.  :?  I think he might be burnt out on Phish.

Mr Minor

Quote from: jedifunk on April 16, 2009, 08:22:41 AM
wow, lucky!  my kid resents me and everything i stand for!

j/k... but soon enough

Those teenage years will come soon enough.

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: jephrey on April 16, 2009, 12:08:10 AM
My daughter makes me sing bathtub gin and/or lawnboy at bedtime; Non-Phish but related, I also get to do "I get a kick out of you".  I think I've got a pretty good way of singing gin as a lullaby.  It's mostly the same but compressed in the spots where there's typically instrumental.  I can never say no.  She also LOVES her purple Phish shirt.  She calls it her phishy shirt - just like yours dad!

I love bedtime. We sing 3 Little Birds and she can do almost the whole thing by herself.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

Ri©h

Quote from: nab on April 15, 2009, 11:57:48 PM
My daughter every time Reba comes on:

"Bag it, take it store!"

Same here. Mine's got the "Bag it, tag it" down but kind of muddles through "Sell it to the butcher in the store." However, when we go on a drive, she always wants to hear the "Bag it, tag it" song.  :-)

rowjimmy

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on April 16, 2009, 01:49:07 PM
Quote from: jephrey on April 16, 2009, 12:08:10 AM

I love bedtime. We sing 3 Little Birds and she can do almost the whole thing by herself.

Our recent favorites (I sing to my 5y/old every night) include "Farmhouse".
Also,
Neil Young's "Comes A Time" & "Tell Me Why"
:syf: "Row Jimmy", "Ripple" & "Attics"
Dylan: "Tangled Up In Blue" ("Sing 'rain fallin on my shoes', Daddy")
The Band: "I Shall Be Released"
Wilco: "Hummingbird"

These and a few others are rotated randomly and I sing 2 each night.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

i am not, BY FAR, a parent... but i do nanny a 4 month old :)
he's the best!

anyhow.... i've learned that anything, really anything, from Bill Breathes puts this kid to sleep when he's fussy...

i also sing Lizards when changing his diapers to distract him... he loves it...
smiles ear to ear, laughs and does what he can as far as dancing when i hold his hands and let him stand...

it's a three day a week gig... props to you all that do it 356 days a year.

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

sunrisevt

:lol: Yeah, I get exactly nine days off...  :wink:

The little miss and I were rocking out to Vegas '96 yesterday afternoon--she's in the just-walking stage; her dance is feet planted, pumping her knees up & down. Still funky.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

willsteele

It's gonna be awesome sharing music with my boy.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

kellerb

I burned my 2-year-old niece a "Dancing" mix cd for christmas.  I made sure to keep it "kid" and "extremely religious sister & brother-in-law" safe.  Visiting my family for Easter, my brother-in-law thanks me for the cd and plays Ellie's "Favorite Song" off of it, which causes her to come out and dance all around the living room for everyone.

Her favorite tune?  "A Fifth of Beethoven"