News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: anthrax on October 24, 2020, 08:50:33 AM
so, which one of you dudes is buying the new infectious grooves ep?

Wasn't on my list.
I did grip the GD Buffalo '77 and Rory Gallagher.

mattstick

Tossing out some good vibes for my ISO - McLemore Avenue / Booker T & The MGs if anyone sees it at their local.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on October 24, 2020, 12:08:30 PM

Tossing out some good vibes for my ISO - McLemore Avenue / Booker T & The MGs if anyone sees it at their local.

My shop got shorted on a bunch of stuff. It was brutal.

mistercharlie

I snagged the Blitzen Trapper release and the Beck (Khruangbin Remix) 7". Pretty happy with that for today.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Louisiana Music Factory has it. Support them! 

https://www.louisianamusicfactory.com/product/booker-t-the-m-g-s-mclemore-avenue-rsd-2020-limited-vinyl-lp/
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

You can get a first press mono for a reasonable price:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/563823?ev=rb

The RSD ones should be be not too spendy online either.

ETA, never mind, just saw PGs post

nab

Got what I came for; Buffalo 77 and Miles Davis Double Image. Snowing and blowing like hell here today. The shop had us line up at 6:30 and issued us a number. We were then allowed to go back to our cars and re-line up at 8:00 according to our numbers. Coffee and doughnuts we brought out for everyone waiting in their car. Got a great local shop here. 

mattstick

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 24, 2020, 02:55:52 PM

You can get a first press mono for a reasonable price:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/563823?ev=rb

The RSD ones should be be not too spendy online either.

ETA, never mind, just saw PGs post

I've been picking up all the Craft Stax reissues pressed at MRP - they sound killer.

Spent a little more than I wanted but I picked up the last one from Louisiana Music Factory.

Thanks for the heads up.

mistercharlie

Snagged a Booker T on Bullmose this morning. All of my 2020 RSD wants are now filled.  :music:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Any reviews of 5/9/77? Does it sound as good as 5/8?

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on October 25, 2020, 08:57:21 AM

Haven't opened mine. Handed it straight off to my wife to be an xmas present as a way to justify the excursion.

nab

Quote from: mattstick on October 25, 2020, 08:57:21 AM

Don't have 5/8, so I can't compare, but I like the sound

Hicks

Passed on the Miles because I have the Mosaic box, but of course now I'm regretting it today. 

If anyone sees one, please let me know. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

susep

Didn't go out on Sat, scored Miles and Jimmy Guiffre online yesterday. 
Hicks, check the Miles website, $35 total includes shipping. 

rowjimmy

Found the Neal Casal via Discogs... In France.

That was classified as a "regional" release. I'm pretty. curious as to how they define "regional".

I also saw a lot of reports of shops getting grossly under allocated for al sorts of releases. I know the owner of my local weals pretty disappointed and apologetic about what he had. This and last time were nothing like the stock her usually gets. This is especially unfortunate as one of the larger competing shops in the market closed last year.