News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

***CUSTOM 1.0 TREY SHIRT print run*** (closing orders 1/8/21)

Started by Gumbo72203, December 20, 2020, 03:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: anthrax on February 22, 2021, 02:49:07 PM
Love hearing about the USPS from the inside.  I find it extremely interesting!  I always make sure I shovel out my mailbox from the snowplow in the winter.  I cant imagine how many times those little trucks get stuck in a day.  If you guys are so behind, how come you take on packages from ups and amazon?

Those trucks are constantly getting stuck, they don't handle well in the snow at all.  Your carrier no doubt appreciates that! I'm still a sub, but I've had a hold on this one route since December (the guy's out on a knee injury), and a nice little trend in this neighborhood has been the customers shoveling a path through their yard over to the neighbor's yard.  It started with just a couple houses, but more and more people are participating.  Those little things definitely get noticed and appreciated by the carrier.   

As for taking packages from Amazon and UPS, as Hicks mentioned, I don't really think we could turn them down even if we wanted to.  But we really don't want to.  Letters and magazines are way down, 21st century and whatnot, so packages are what really keeps us afloat.  That and those annoying ads you get every Tuesday -- they're actually our largest customer. 
Quote from: ph92 on February 22, 2021, 10:50:07 PM
Quote from: Hicks on February 22, 2021, 04:33:42 PM
Quote from: anthrax on February 22, 2021, 02:49:07 PM
Love hearing about the USPS from the inside.  I find it extremely interesting!  I always make sure I shovel out my mailbox from the snowplow in the winter.  I cant imagine how many times those little trucks get stuck in a day.  If you guys are so behind, how come you take on packages from ups and amazon?
Because they are the USPS?

It?s not like they can refuse to do business with Amazon or anyone else. 

But yeah, you uh, picked an interesting time to start working for USPS Dan. But I will say that USPS are unsung heroes in my book. We had a massive snow and ice storm last week with about half the city losing power for several days and USPS only missed one day of delivery, which was pretty awesome. 
That's honestly pretty nuts, what do they even do with no power? Is everything sorted by hand or something? My shop basically is useless without internet, let alone power. Can't process payments or update workorders, and if the power is out... guess we can only fix screens if they still have a charge :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

There's only a handful of sorting centers in each state, so the volume is way too high to sort by hand.  It would honestly be impossible. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

pcr3

All this jibbajabba, I just want to know...

Where?s my fucking shirts?

(In full disclosure, I have received a picture of said shirt(s) and got pumped. Also, the first thing I do after snowstorms is shovel my front path up to the mailbox for Tim, my mail carrier guy. I caught a David Byrne show with him and some neighborhood friends two summers ago in the before times)
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

rowjimmy

Quote from: pcr3 on February 23, 2021, 02:05:18 AM

(In full disclosure, I have received a picture of said shirt(s) and got pumped. Also, the first thing I do after snowstorms is shovel my front path up to the mailbox for Tim, my mail carrier guy. I caught a David Byrne show with him and some neighborhood friends two summers ago in the before times)

Wait.
YOU got a picture?

I call shenanigans!

Also, shoveling your shit out is a moral responsibility that my wife takes very seriously. Every time it snows I make sure she has hot coffee when she finishes shoveling.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

ph92

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 23, 2021, 02:21:00 PM

Wait.
YOU got a picture?

I call shenanigans!

Also, shoveling your shit out is a moral responsibility that my wife takes very seriously. Every time it snows I make sure she has hot coffee when she finishes shoveling.
The house I grew up in was on a corner, in Cleveland, where it snows a foot overnight. I was used for my purpose as a child, free labor  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard Luckily we got a snow blower so helping the mail workers became fun lol.

But my parents did instill in us to always give gifts and help our postal workers.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

Quote from: ph92 on February 23, 2021, 04:09:35 PM

Wait.
YOU got a picture?

I call shenanigans!

The house I grew up in was on a corner, in Cleveland, where it snows a foot overnight. I was used for my purpose as a child, free labor  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard Luckily we got a snow blower so helping the mail workers became fun lol.

But my parents did instill in us to always give gifts and help our postal workers.

We've got a corner lot. It's a lot of sidewalk but it rarely snows enough to justify the snowblower that I own and have hardly used (thanks Dad!)
Amy does a solid job with the shovel.

Gumbo72203

Wait.
YOU got a picture?

I call shenanigans!

He helps sometimes. 

Also, while I have your attention, please allow me to grovel.....   Glass Pony is in our local March Madness tourney, so once again I am asking for your vote.  We're way down at the bottom haha. 

https://www.nippertown.com/2021/02/24/2021-march-music-madness-round-1-voting/
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

pcr3

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on February 24, 2021, 11:12:40 AM
Wait.
YOU got a picture?

I call shenanigans!

He helps sometimes. 

Also, while I have your attention, please allow me to grovel.....   Glass Pony is in our local March Madness tourney, so once again I am asking for your vote.  We're way down at the bottom haha. 

https://www.nippertown.com/2021/02/24/2021-march-music-madness-round-1-voting/

I voted.  Does that put me first in line for shirts?
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

Gumbo72203

Quote from: pcr3 on February 24, 2021, 01:38:14 PM

I voted.  Does that put me first in line for shirts?

Your name has now been entered into the raffle, yes! 

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

rowjimmy

Gumbo72203

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 25, 2021, 09:55:30 AM
Quote from: GBL on February 24, 2021, 07:34:44 PM
So where are the shirts then?   :tte:

Gumbo is trying them all on first.

they have to get inspected for thread counts.  Sometimes they don't reach the 1500 limit.  You'll see!

They're all packed up though, except Superfreakie and Sunrise because they need a bigger box haha.  They're too big  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

ph92

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 25, 2021, 09:55:30 AM
Quote from: GBL on February 24, 2021, 07:34:44 PM
So where are the shirts then?   :tte:

Gumbo is trying them all on first.
Review:

EDIT: Got an extra bonus, somehow the seller made the shirt smell like phish lot!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Gumbo72203

yeah these should be out next week!  The band has a busy week, streams Thursday and Sunday, and an in-person private small event Friday.  They may get out Saturday, we'll see. 

It's nice to finally have them all sorted.  Only mehead is left to pay! 

pcr3

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 02, 2021, 11:39:57 AM
yeah these should be out next week!  The band has a busy week, streams Thursday and Sunday, and an in-person private small event Friday.  They may get out Saturday, we'll see. 

It's nice to finally have them all sorted.  Only mehead is left to pay!

So he gets the spindles?  Good for him.