News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Some awesome 1980 crowd/band/lot footage in these...never saw them before

Buffalo Budd

+K caravan, lovin that vid
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 02, 2020, 12:05:16 AM
+K caravan, lovin that vid

I thought they were awesome.  Good stuff and new to me.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Buffalo Budd

I was cleaning up my jam space after harvesting all my plants down there, blaring Grateful Dead on my CD set up as I work.
All of a sudden I hear Jerry say into the mic, 'we've got another famous California band here tonight!'
I guess I had no clue the guys jammed with the Beach Boys on April 27, 1971.
Incredible show outside of that little mash up but a pretty unique pairing to me. You could tell from the recording that the audience were wanting more GD stuff but I still thought it was great.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Okie From Muskogee!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 07, 2020, 10:09:29 PM
Okie From Muskogee!

Crowd must have loved that one, LOL.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 07, 2020, 06:35:04 PM
I was cleaning up my jam space after harvesting all my plants down there, blaring Grateful Dead on my CD set up as I work.
All of a sudden I hear Jerry say into the mic, 'we've got another famous California band here tonight!'
Incredible show outside of that little mash up but a pretty unique pairing to me. You could tell from the recording that the audience were wanting more GD stuff but I still thought it was great.

I found that show during Quarantine. It was a good, fun, listen!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

yep....haven't heard that one in 20 years at least.  The onstage collaboration isn't anything special but cool as a novelty.

susep

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 07, 2020, 06:35:04 PM

Love that sequence.  Searchin' w/ Pig + Beach Boys, epic.  Would love to see a Fillmore '71 box ala Europe '72.  Every show unedited.

Buffalo Budd

Listening to 03-02-1969 and they roll into Death Don't Have no Mercy and it sounds so familiar right off the bat. Realizing it's the Live Dead version. It's fun to find out these facts as I go through old bootlegs that I probably should have known anyway.  :oops:
This whole show just smokes.

mattstick

Dead Ahead on the Shakedown Stream on 10/30

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on October 15, 2020, 07:10:39 AM
Dead Ahead on the Shakedown Stream on 10/30

Cool.  Been a while since i have seen that.