News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

mmm, coffee

Started by jedifunk, February 10, 2007, 09:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nab

One pot a day for the wife and I.  Used to just use folgers, then my sister-in-law bought us a grinder and now whole bean is the only way I like it.  I worked in a restaurant/coffee shop for about three years.  Got pretty spoiled on the fru-fru drinks.  One of the guys I worked with used to walk over to starbucks, which was around the corner, to get his coffee.  He was that hooked on starbucks.  Even free coffee drinks couldn't lure him away.I never understood the appeal of starbucks, in fact I shun them, much like wal-mart.  No matter how cheap or convenient some things are, someone pays, and its usually someone like yourself or your neighbor.   

jephrey

Nice...

I like mine extra creamer, extra sugar.  And I just can't find any coffee that can beat Dunkin.  Maybe it's the donut that I get with it. 

I hear McD's coffee is getting better ratings these days also, but I haven't had it in a whil.

my foo-foo is the vanilla frappuchino.  I like iced coffee.

I did go on a tea kick.  Green tea, chinese Oolong tea, white tea, and my old faithful, yerba mate. 

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

emay

I am enjoying a nice cup of Jim's Organic Coffee, i got turned onto this stuff in Boston a couple summers ago. Its pretty tasty

jedifunk

Quote from: emayPhishheadMD on February 11, 2007, 08:55:43 AM
I am enjoying a nice cup of Jim's Organic Coffee, i got turned onto this stuff in Boston a couple summers ago. Its pretty tasty

yes!  we get jim's here in the twin ciites as well... great stuff, i just had his wonder blend as our last pound.

as for starbucks, i grew up in the northwest, and of course starbucks is the one that started it all (at least in the large scale that it is now).... but their coffee sucks... never ever EVER liked it...

when i was living out there, i much preferred the portland based coffee shop, coffeepeople best... here in the twin cities it typically caribou coffee that we go to... unless we're in the right are then we go to our old favorite spot (before we moved) called anodyne.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

jeph mentioned Dunkin donuts coffee.
Hottest substance know to man. if you poured dunkin donuts coffee on the sun, the coffee might cool down.

Red Sea Pedestrian

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 11, 2007, 02:15:42 PM
Hottest substance know to man. if you poured dunkin donuts coffee on the sun, the coffee might cool down.

What I like about dunkin' donuts coffee is how it scalds your taste buds, so you can never taste how god awful it is.

August

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 11, 2007, 02:15:42 PM

AGREED!
that's why i rock 7-11 coffee.
a

cleech74

Earl Grey. :-D  It almost looks like coffee. :wink:

Wait, what?....
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

Hicks

Quote from: jedifunk on February 11, 2007, 10:19:09 AM

when i was living out there, i much preferred the portland based coffee shop, coffeepeople best...

They just went under last month, I'll miss their milkshakes.   :|
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jedifunk

no! say it aint so!  i love their hazelnut lattes!  the one on hawethorne makes it just right... as did the one in eugene
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Bobafett

did you know...
dunkin donuts sells more coffee than any other business in the World?
Strawberries are the only fruit with the seed on the outside?
the hole's only natural enemy is the pile?
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Guyute

Quote from: Bobafett on February 12, 2007, 07:53:37 AM
did you know...
dunkin donuts sells more coffee than any other business in the World?
Strawberries are the only fruit with the seed on the outside?
the hole's only natural enemy is the pile?

America gets the runs from Dunkin'

Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

thechad

Dunkin Donuts Coffee is the best coffee in the world, that's not only my opinion but the opinion of the coffee brokers of the world.  I have a friend who works for them (on the corprate side) and he travels all over the world looking for new and different items for them to bring back and totally Americanize, but the he said when he tells people who he works for and what he does the one thing everyones asks him for is a couple pounds of their coffee, and I mean everywhere.  I love the stuff, its all I drink for the most part.  Our 1st Starbucks just opened and not that many people go there (this is also the town where the 1st Ben & Jerry's franchise outside of VT failed), but there are eight DD all within a 10 mile radius and there more being built.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

birdman

There are 22 Dunkin Donuts within a five mile radius of the house I grew up in...
   There is one at the end of my road, 12 house away. Our contractors yard is located behind a DD.
    Guess where I go for my coffe fix...
   ...and yes, it is THAT good.
Paug FTMFW!

antelope19

Just got back from NOLA.  Great weekend, but thats besides the point.  After a long night on Bourbon St, we went to Cafe du Monde.  Some of the best coffee and Beignets I have ever had!!!!  Great stuff.  I would highly recomend it to anyone if their in the area.  We liked it so much, we went back the next morning for round number 2.  On a daily basis, I usually bring a 16 ounce silver to go mug to work with me every day.  Just black.  On a side note, I visited Boston last year about this time, and was really taken aback by the sheer number of Dunkin Donuts around that town!!!  Their seemed to be one on every corner.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment