News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/16 -Merriweather Post Pavilion- Columbia, MD- Post-Show Discussion

Started by cleech74, August 17, 2015, 12:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleech74

Phish 8/16/2015

Merriweather Post Pavillion
Columbia, MD

Set 1: Golgi Apparatus, Undermind, Julius, 555, Nothing, No Men in No Man's Land, Stash, David Bowie, Possum

Set 2: Down w/ Disease> Slave, Light> Twist, Shine a Light, Fuego, Sneakin' Sally, YEM

E: BDTNL
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

antelope19

Fun show. Nothing really memorable. Great to see and Handful of you guys. Sorry I missed some of you too. Spent most of the second set sitting at a picnic table, catching up with an old college buddy.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: antelope19 on August 17, 2015, 09:45:12 AM
Fun show. Nothing really memorable. Great to see and Handful of you guys. Sorry I missed some of you too. Spent most of the second set sitting at a picnic table, catching up with an old college buddy.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

:-o
That second set looks incredible, can`t imagine being able to concentrate on conversation with that in the background.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Tuned in at the beginning of Nothing. I enjoyed that and the remainder of the first set. Second presented some good jams and songs a couple of segues that were good and a couple of song endings that were not awesome at all.

I'm gonna go back and listen to this today.

Bowie had China/Rider jamming in it.

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 17, 2015, 09:54:16 AM

That second set looks incredible, can`t imagine being able to concentrate on conversation with that in the background.

It was far from incredible but there was some sweet funk in Sally and YEM.   
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on August 17, 2015, 10:01:59 AM

Ok, I'll reserve judgement til I give it a listen.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 17, 2015, 10:26:45 AM

Ok, I'll reserve judgement til I give it a listen.

those paper tigers will always get you when you're least expecting them
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VDB

I, for one, liked the first set better. Great Bowie. Awesome Page-Trey sequence in Possum. Seriously, don't skip that one. Even NMINML raged pretty hard by the end of it.

The second set seems like it should have been a jam fest based on song selections, but the actual jams felt perfunctory or even throwaway, and it seemed Trey was far more interested in what he wanted to play next than what he was playing at the time. 
Is this still Wombat?

mehead

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 17, 2015, 10:31:00 AM
Awesome Page-Trey sequence in Possum. Seriously, don't skip that one.

Fine but you better be right sir

:evil:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

antelope19

Yes. We immediately left the table to start dancing when Sally started up. Glad we did too.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

WhatstheUse?

Wasn't digging last night at all. cant win em all.

On the positive side, I guess last night felt like a standard 3.0 show as opposed to the other 4 I saw this run, which were all above par for 3.0 standards. The bar has been set higher!
Bring in the dude!

phil

some awesome playing last night but a couple of those transitions in the second set were really rough
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

emay

This sally and yem are great!
love the jam in yem
Always enjoy a Shine A Light too.

Itsnotanexperience

One of the most perfectly standard YEMs ever - nothing shocking and yet - perfectnin its standard perfection including a sick vocal jam!

Loving 2015 phish.

Bad shows are still ridiculously good.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 17, 2015, 10:31:00 AM
I, for one, liked the first set better. Great Bowie. Awesome Page-Trey sequence in Possum. Seriously, don't skip that one. Even NMINML raged pretty hard by the end of it.

The second set seems like it should have been a jam fest based on song selections, but the actual jams felt perfunctory or even throwaway, and it seemed Trey was far more interested in what he wanted to play next than what he was playing at the time.

Yes, recalls the excellent version from Gorge '09. Enjoyed this one.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.