News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New ?99 sources

Started by August, January 17, 2021, 11:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

So the recent B&K sources on etree (7/10-7-13, 12/10-12-12, 12/17 & 12/18) sound mint.
Just a heads up if you?re looking for upgrades and to finally hear some non muddy tapes of these.

mistercharlie

Woo! Thanks for the heads-up, J!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

tet

Quote from: August on January 17, 2021, 11:49:46 AM
So the recent B&K sources on etree (7/10-7-13, 12/10-12-12, 12/17 & 12/18) sound mint.
Just a heads up if you?re looking for upgrades and to finally hear some non muddy tapes of these.

whoa, nice - i'll have to check those out. the band's sound in 99 was at its absolute peak, IMO, and so many shows suffer from a shitty recording.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Augustus

Quote from: tet on January 18, 2021, 10:38:49 AM
Quote from: August on January 17, 2021, 11:49:46 AM

whoa, nice - i'll have to check those out. the band's sound in 99 was at its absolute peak, IMO, and so many shows suffer from a shitty recording.

I was at that Phiily/Hartford run and I've heard the 12-11 bookends maybe twice?
Don't get me wrong, 12-12 is still a clunker, but it was nice to give it a proper listen.
12-10 actually was quite enjoyable to revisit, esp set 2. Even The Wedge has some great energy to it.

Augustus

New transfers of Nassau and Albany just went up.
Looking forward to those.

tet

Quote from: Augustus on January 18, 2021, 11:14:09 AM
New transfers of Nassau and Albany just went up.
Looking forward to those.
yup, just saw those - Albany in particular is hard to get decent recordings from.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

August

I?d like to see 12-15 pop up. Love the show (reminds me of 10-1-99) but never really heard a GREAT source.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Marmar

Figures....these are the H3ttY yEttI sources....

Digi always has the danks.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

August

Quote from: Marmar on January 18, 2021, 12:27:01 PM
Figures....these are the H3ttY yEttI sources....

Digi always has the danks.....

I mean, yeah. We all have those chunks of shows that just sound like garb.
I?m sure the majority will love having a nice upgrade to 12-11, but these have all been a treat to go back to.
I?m actually pretty pumped to hear that 7-10/13 run again.

Superfreakie

Quote from: August on January 18, 2021, 12:50:22 PM
I?m actually pretty pumped to hear that 7-10/13 run again.

Same. Thought those were great shows at the time. Sources available have left a lot to be desired though.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

antelope19

Thanks, Aug!

Looks like Day 1 of Oswego is up now too.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: antelope19 on January 19, 2021, 11:47:21 AM
Thanks, Aug!

Looks like Day 1 of Oswego is up now too.

Psyched!!!  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Marmar

It never ceases to amaze me how much the temp/humidity affected the high end of EVERY Oswego source....

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Marmar

Also 12:15 on in YEM is some seriously thick soup....