News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Summer Tour 2021

Started by emay, May 01, 2020, 04:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

I think there's a distinct possibility the triumphant return of Phish will be Dick's - Labor Day Weekend, 2021. Talk about an impossible ticket!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 14, 2021, 07:21:42 AM
Quote from: birdman on January 13, 2021, 09:32:22 PM
Quote from: Bobafett on January 13, 2021, 09:28:05 PM
I?ve been thinking about the increase in ticket demand whenever they start back.  The scalpers and resale sites are hoping to hit the jackpot I?m sure.

I don?t see it happening this summer, but maybe they could do a longer MSG/large arena/Vegas multi week stand in the fall? 

Im holding out hope that my shroom season kicks off in full force and I can get a large stash of chocolate and blue honey ready for the market.

I?ve also purchased a 36inch paella pan and burner with the hope of filling a need in the lot scene with top quality southern inspired lot food, like my black eyed pea falafel with homminus on garlic naan or pulled pork burrito wrap with chow chow and pickled okra.
im going on tour just to follow You around

SERIOUSLY!

Too bad Canadians will get the shaft on this tour.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

I know its not Phish, but the Oysterhead shows in April 2021 (previously 2020) were just cancelled, no rescheduled dates.
Also, Trey referred to the new Languedoc as the '4.0 guitar' on his instagram.

birdman

Quote from: emay on January 15, 2021, 03:51:55 PM
I know its not Phish, but the Oysterhead shows in April 2021 (previously 2020) were just cancelled, no rescheduled dates.
can?t wait to school the 4.0ers
Paug FTMFW!

VDB

General COVID talk alert, but germane.

What will be the determining factor(s), for Phish tour and other snatches of normalcy? Infections? Deaths? ICU beds? (Remember "flatten the curve"?)

Or, perhaps, vaccine availability? We're already finding out that not everyone who's in the early vax groups is availing themselves. I think I heard something about a 50% opt-in rate among long-term-care employees somewhere. Here in South Cack, the governor is setting deadlines and moving up start dates in response to what appears to be lower-than-expected signups, and we can't just have vaccine sitting around.

If substantial chunks of the population simply opt not to get vaccinated, and this is having an impact on stats, at a certain point you have to say that the rest of us are getting back to business and it's caveat emptor. Right?
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: birdman on January 15, 2021, 04:08:13 PM

I'm sayin'!!!!!!!!
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: VDB on January 15, 2021, 05:30:47 PM

What will be the determining factor(s), for Phish tour and other snatches of normalcy? Infections? Deaths? ICU beds? (Remember "flatten the curve"?)

Or, perhaps, vaccine availability? We're already finding out that not everyone who's in the early vax groups is availing themselves. I think I heard something about a 50% opt-in rate among long-term-care employees somewhere. Here in South Cack, the governor is setting deadlines and moving up start dates in response to what appears to be lower-than-expected signups, and we can't just have vaccine sitting around.

If substantial chunks of the population simply opt not to get vaccinated, and this is having an impact on stats, at a certain point you have to say that the rest of us are getting back to business and it's caveat emptor. Right?

With today?s news that the Trump admin doesn?t actually have any vaccines in the reserves, I?m afraid we?re fucked for quite a while. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Hicks on January 15, 2021, 08:46:39 PM

With today?s news that the Trump admin doesn?t actually have any vaccines in the reserves, I?m afraid we?re fucked for quite a while.

Yep. The USA fucked this up by the numbers and I'm trying my best to brace myself for another full year of distanced bullshit b/c so many fuck-job "leaders" & citizens can't be troubled to  cover their damn airholes. Fuck this POTUS, fuck everyone who voted for & abetted him, but more than that fuck every one of those anti-vax, Qanon morons who laid the groundwork. FUCK.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Hicks

Quote from: sunrisevt on January 15, 2021, 08:54:51 PM
Quote from: Hicks on January 15, 2021, 08:46:39 PM

Yep. The USA fucked this up by the numbers and I'm trying my best to brace myself for another full year of distanced bullshit b/c so many fuck-job "leaders" & citizens can't be troubled to  cover their damn airholes. Fuck this POTUS, fuck everyone who voted for & abetted him, but more than that fuck every one of those anti-vax, Qanon morons who laid the groundwork. FUCK.

Right there with you brother. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Thread title might need adjusting...

pcr3

Quote from: birdman on January 15, 2021, 04:08:13 PM

:-D  Seems like an appropriate thing to be doing in our 40s. That guitar is GORGEOUS. You guys think that?ll be the new #1 on tour, whenever that may be?
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mopper_smurf

Quote from: anthrax on January 14, 2021, 08:09:22 AM
if summer 21 can't happen, i bet they do push it back to 22.  i'm not saying eugene will be the first shows back, just that tour will stay intact with everyone having the options to keep their same seats, etc.  it's the cheapest way to reschedule a tour. 

they'll be back as soon as it's feasible, which if it isn't summer 21 will be fall 21 or early 22.  these will be the high demand shows ala the 2.0 return with msg/hampton/winter 03.  by summer, things should calm down a bit.  i remember folks sitting on dozens of lawns for single shows in the summer of 03 and 09.

no way it takes until july 22 for big arena and amphitheater events to return.

2021 is going to suck a bit less than 2020, I hope, but I don't see them playing any big ass venue this year.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

sunrisevt

Quote from: mopper_smurf on January 16, 2021, 01:42:57 AM
if summer 21 can't happen, i bet they do push it back to 22.  i'm not saying eugene will be the first shows back, just that tour will stay intact with everyone having the options to keep their same seats, etc.  it's the cheapest way to reschedule a tour. 

they'll be back as soon as it's feasible, which if it isn't summer 21 will be fall 21 or early 22.  these will be the high demand shows ala the 2.0 return with msg/hampton/winter 03.  by summer, things should calm down a bit.  i remember folks sitting on dozens of lawns for single shows in the summer of 03 and 09.

2021 is going to suck a bit less than 2020, I hope, but I don't see them playing any big ass venue this year.

It's fucking *killing* me, but I can't see myself wanting to get into any big-ass venue this year, either.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

Quote from: sunrisevt on January 16, 2021, 12:58:08 PM

It's fucking *killing* me, but I can't see myself wanting to get into any big-ass venue this year, either.

Same here. Crossing the footbridge out of Deer Creek would send me into a panic attack.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sunrisevt

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 16, 2021, 01:28:42 PM
Quote from: sunrisevt on January 16, 2021, 12:58:08 PM

Same here. Crossing the footbridge out of Deer Creek would send me into a panic attack.

Fuck I didn't even think about the outdoor bottlenecks. SPAC, Jones Beach ...

Goddammit I think I just became a religious "Go in early" concert-goer.