News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Quote from: Hicks on May 31, 2019, 01:50:00 AM
Quote from: pcr3 on May 31, 2019, 12:30:45 AM
Is anyone not rooting for the Raptors?

Siakam was brilliant though, so many confident and patient finishes down by the hoop. I can't quite put my finger on who his game resembles most, but some of his moves and the way he uses the glass actually reminds me of a more explosive version of Duncan.

Prime Shawn Marion is my fave comp.

Buffalo Budd

Phenomenal game from Siakam.
I was hoping he'd step up big in this series.
3 to go!!!  :rawk:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

VA $l!m

nice win especially considering i dont thinkKAwhi is anywhere near 100%. Im really hoping his leg can hold out for the series.

Oh, and btw i think they arent getting enough credit for how good this team is. Seemed like the majorit of the media was picking GSW before the series, espcially if Durrant were to play.

Even with Durrant i think they match up well and with home court i personally give them the advantage.
TOR is waaay deeper, matches up perfectly vs GSW, has serious vets, but not passed their prime vets. 3 guys that have been in finals and throw in Gasol/Lowry with tons of playoff experience. Throw in Siakum/vanfleet for youthful energy... i mean, its a beast makeup of a team.

Gasol is vastly underated component in all this as well IMO. Dude has massive basketball IQ and is just starting to really gel with the squad. He's got yrs of pent up playoff frustration and desire. DOnt underestimate his impact.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mattstick

Feels like a missed opportunity last night but all the early bullshit fouls really set the Dubs up for a big 3Q.  Raps still hung in there and were 1/8" away from Kawahi tying the game with 10 seconds left.

Got a good feeling about stealing a game in Oracle and making this a series.

If the Raptors can win in Game 7 Toronto might get the "best day ever" combo of NBA Champions parade > Phish.

Bobafett

Yeah Toronto should have won that game.  Some really bad shooting by both teams, especially in the 4th qtr.   I pulling for my northern brothers.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

VA $l!m

KD out for game 3, Looney out for playoffs, Thompson quesitonable for tonight- hanstring strain.... Wake up Raptors, god is trying to give you a championship.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mattstick

I want to see Siakam and Leonard attack Cousins/Bogut all night.

mattstick

RAPTORS!
Serge Ibaka! Wow

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on June 07, 2019, 11:46:24 PM
RAPTORS!
Serge Ibaka! Wow

There's a couple names you could slide in there.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Ha ha, Warriors are only 2nd best without KD.

Thank you, next and buh bye.   
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

anthrax

maybe the raptors can pull this off!  could there possibly be a ticker tape parade the day of the toronto phish show!?

Hicks

Quote from: anthrax on June 08, 2019, 09:20:44 AM
maybe the raptors can pull this off!  could there possibly be a ticker tape parade the day of the toronto phish show!?

Only way this goes to game 7 is if KD comes back. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on June 08, 2019, 11:39:39 AM
Quote from: anthrax on June 08, 2019, 09:20:44 AM

Only way this goes to game 7 is if KD comes back.

I can't argue with this.
I will legit be concerned if they lose game 5.

mattstick

KD cleared to play? Bluff or no?

I'm a mess of nerves today, but pumped - go Raptors!