News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/19 - Ntelos Pavilion - Portsmouth, VA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, June 19, 2011, 11:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

mbw

someone deleted one or two of their posts from the LST..... :roll:

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mistercharlie

Just listened to it again. Definitely Leave It To Beaver. Trey said something about 'our two other sons' I think that's what made me think it was My Three Sons.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Not much brain function left to post much of a detailed review but I thought last night was amazing. I don't want to go home.  nTeols is an incredible venue with tons of energy!

Only complaint was Trey HorceForcing the shit out of just about every song in the 2nd set (why did they start the Sand jam up again just to let us down?!?!)  I wish they could have just jammed that Sand the entire set -- it was grooving sooooo hard!  Kicked the shit out the Camden Sand.

Really everything was well played though, Page RIPPED his Suzy solo, rockin' WOC, Timber and Fluffhead.  I enjoyed the hell out of this show -- I'd put it next to Bethel 2 as my favorite show I saw this tour.
Bring in the dude!

runawayjimbo

Quote from: postjack on June 20, 2011, 01:34:09 AM
well set I was all kind of relaxed, a little to relaxed, with a few flubs from trey (see the start of bowie). all felt pretty safe. definitely not the crazy energy that occurred in the previous two nights.

I didn't think the Bowie flub was nearly as cringe-inducing as some of the others we've heard this tour. And after that, he really stepped it up. I mean, the "jam" was all kinds of 3.0, but he did seem to be listening to Page more than usual and the composed section was really very tight.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

sophist

GOD DAMN. 

What a venue.  I dug the show and the overnight drive back to Atlanta was a fucking cake walk.  Highlights for me were the Cross Eyed, the Sand, Harpua opener, and that dark, psychedelic Timber. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Multibeast12

Actually gonna listen to this one. I listen to the Thunder Road on my bike ride from my GF's. It was awesome. Can't wait to hear the rest.

mattstick

New rule:  Light can only open Second sets.  Way too much Light-forcing from Trey these days.

Alumni

Quote from: mattstick on June 20, 2011, 12:22:16 PM

New rule:  Light can only open Second sets.  Way too much Light-forcing from Trey these days.

By these days, you mean since summer 2009, right?

I'm just now getting over the Tweezer>Light phenomenon.

Anyway, fun show :) last night. Maybe my favorite of the six I've seen in 3.0. Maybe.
Cause I got a degree

sophist

Quote from: Alumni on June 20, 2011, 12:53:56 PM
Quote from: mattstick on June 20, 2011, 12:22:16 PM

By these days, you mean since summer 2009, right?

I'm just now getting over the Tweezer>Light phenomenon.

Anyway, fun show :) last night. Maybe my favorite of the six I've seen in 3.0. Maybe.
Great meeting you last night. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

fauxpaxfauxreal

The sand and the end of light were really good.  I for one am happy that Sally was truncated last night (I'm not a big fan of the funk jam.).

PhishPhan

Quick question: Where did the "whaaat?" thing start? I first heard it during the nearly vaginal Makisupa Policeman from last week, but did it first occur before that?

G. Augusto

Quote from: PhishPhan on June 20, 2011, 01:15:31 PM
Quick question: Where did the "whaaat?" thing start? I first heard it during the nearly vaginal Makisupa Policeman from last week, but did it first occur before that?

MPP Suzy.