News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/19 - Ntelos Pavilion - Portsmouth, VA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, June 19, 2011, 11:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

PhishPhan

phil

Definitely my best Phish concertgoing experience. I couldn't find a damn thing to complain about the whole time, the boys really showed a lot aof effort imo. I remember the flubs being few and far between (keep in mind I was mostly sober at this show) and largely forgivable but I'll need a second listen before I make my final verdict. I thought the beginning of the second set absolutely ripped. In person, it didn't feel like there was much horse forcing going on but I can see how it might appear that way from looking at the setlist/just listening to the recording. I usually hate light but I found this one tolerable to the point of being enjoyable. I thought C&P, wotc, and sand were all fire. Fluffhead was AWESOME, sally was a good, concise, funky version that I found very groovy. First set was no slouch either, I was grooving my ass off the whole time (I was a sweaty, sweaty motherfucker last night). Tube was very well-played I thought. Alaska was better than most I've heard. I thought that disease was awesome, as was the funky bitch.

All in all, the boys looked to be enjoying the shit out of themselves and it really shows in their playing, imo. If every 3.0 show was this good, there might be a whole lot fewer haters.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Alumni

Quote from: sophist on June 20, 2011, 01:06:49 PM
Quote from: Alumni on June 20, 2011, 12:53:56 PM
Quote from: mattstick on June 20, 2011, 12:22:16 PM

New rule:  Light can only open Second sets.  Way too much Light-forcing from Trey these days.

By these days, you mean since summer 2009, right?

I'm just now getting over the Tweezer>Light phenomenon.

Anyway, fun show :) last night. Maybe my favorite of the six I've seen in 3.0. Maybe.
Great meeting you last night.

Absolutely. Felt bad because at the time I wasn't really in any shape to talk. Beer before liquor, never sicker. Beer before liquor before taking a boat to ntelos. . . I probably don't need to finish that sentence. I got my legs back in time for the show, at least.
Cause I got a degree

sophist

Quote from: Alumni on June 20, 2011, 01:51:29 PM
Quote from: sophist on June 20, 2011, 01:06:49 PM
Quote from: Alumni on June 20, 2011, 12:53:56 PM
Quote from: mattstick on June 20, 2011, 12:22:16 PM

New rule:  Light can only open Second sets.  Way too much Light-forcing from Trey these days.

By these days, you mean since summer 2009, right?

I'm just now getting over the Tweezer>Light phenomenon.

Anyway, fun show :) last night. Maybe my favorite of the six I've seen in 3.0. Maybe.
Great meeting you last night.

Absolutely. Felt bad because at the time I wasn't really in any shape to talk. Beer before liquor, never sicker. Beer before liquor before taking a boat to ntelos. . . I probably don't need to finish that sentence. I got my legs back in time for the show, at least.
It's cool.  I was spaced out as well. 

Hell, I'm still kind of coming down from the week. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Alumni

Quote from: phil on June 20, 2011, 01:49:28 PM
I was grooving my ass off the whole time (I was a sweaty, sweaty motherfucker last night).

Tell me about it. I spent the night in the pit for the first time since . . . shit . . . 1995? I think I lost about 8 pounds last night. 'splains the massive dehydration headache I took back home with me. Well, that and ignoring moderation (hard to say no to ST Unearthly & Stone Self-Righteous)

Cause I got a degree

phil

Quote from: Alumni on June 20, 2011, 01:57:53 PM
I was grooving my ass off the whole time (I was a sweaty, sweaty motherfucker last night).

Tell me about it. I spent the night in the pit for the first time since . . . shit . . . 1995? I think I lost about 8 pounds last night. 'splains the massive dehydration headache I took back home with me. Well, that and ignoring moderation (hard to say no to ST Unearthly & Stone Self-Righteous)

That's where most of the damage was done for me. I had a splitting headache and had to drive the whole way home last night in the most raginest t-storm I've ever driven through because my dad was tripping and couldn't drive.

Good meeting you yesterday, however briefly. Hope you enjoyed the show as much as I did (but with beer like that, how could you not)
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Alumni

Quote from: phil on June 20, 2011, 02:02:18 PM
Quote from: Alumni on June 20, 2011, 01:57:53 PM

That's where most of the damage was done for me. I had a splitting headache and had to drive the whole way home last night in the most raginest t-storm I've ever driven through because my dad was tripping and couldn't drive.

Good meeting you yesterday, however briefly. Hope you enjoyed the show as much as I did (but with beer like that, how could you not)

Agreed, on all 3 counts.Good times.
Cause I got a degree

G. Augusto

Quote from: phil on June 20, 2011, 02:02:18 PMI had a splitting headache and had to drive the whole way home last night in the most raginest t-storm I've ever driven through because my dad was tripping and couldn't drive

phil

Quote from: G. Augusto on June 20, 2011, 02:08:18 PM
Quote from: phil on June 20, 2011, 02:02:18 PMI had a splitting headache and had to drive the whole way home last night in the most raginest t-storm I've ever driven through because my dad was tripping and couldn't drive

He does shit like that.

kellerb

Now that's how to have a father's day, Phil's dad!

sunrisevt

Quote from: kellerb on June 20, 2011, 02:12:18 PM

THIS.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

phil

Quote from: sunrisevt on June 20, 2011, 03:10:45 PM
Quote from: kellerb on June 20, 2011, 02:12:18 PM

THIS.

It was a blast. He was in a box for most of the show so we weren't hanging out except for during setbreak, but definitely a father's day for the record books. Ironic that at both shows he's been to they've played Sneakin' Sally (my mom's name).

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog