News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

RSD has been moved to June 20th.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

shoreline99

Quote from: mehead on March 13, 2020, 12:47:59 PM

Was just coming here to post that. Got an email from my local record store a few minutes ago.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mistercharlie

Quote from: shoreline99 on March 13, 2020, 12:59:40 PM
Quote from: mehead on March 13, 2020, 12:47:59 PM

Was just coming here to post that. Got an email from my local record store a few minutes ago.

I'm kinda glad. More time to save $ and lining up early in the morning to make sure I get my Primus fix won't be as cold.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Finally bit the bullet and purchased a copy of Epic by Kamasi.
It shouldn't have taken me this long.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

jam>

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 14, 2020, 12:18:35 AM
Finally bit the bullet and purchased a copy of Epic by Kamasi.
It shouldn't have taken me this long.

You won't regret it.

mattstick

rowjimmy

Vinyl via Amazon is the least of my concerns. I'm afraid that there will no longer be retail shops by the time this is done.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 18, 2020, 08:40:01 AM
Vinyl via Amazon is the least of my concerns. I'm afraid that there will no longer be retail shops by the time this is done.

QFT
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 18, 2020, 08:40:01 AM

My local shop, is owned and run by a 60+ year old guy named Danny. I'm afraid he won't be able to make it through this, not only due to low business, but also that he is in the age range to be impacted the most by this.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Save lives first.
Economy second.

Multibeast12

Got a copy of Demon Days through Vinyl Me Please and it skips to the point of unlistenable. Never had this problem with them before but super bummed out.

susep

Received my Lee Morgan - Search For The New Land SRX yesterday.  The intimacy these pressings provide is astounding.  Nice upgrade from my BN75 pressing. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: susep on March 18, 2020, 04:29:05 PM
Received my Lee Morgan - Search For The New Land SRX yesterday.  The intimacy these pressings provide is astounding.  Nice upgrade from my BN75 pressing.

Got mine too but have not cracked it open.  Don't have it on BN75, but I have Soul Station on BN75 and will be interested in A/B comparison.  BN75s are from digital masters, it's not surprising there is a huge difference.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Multibeast12 on March 18, 2020, 03:37:09 PM
Got a copy of Demon Days through Vinyl Me Please and it skips to the point of unlistenable. Never had this problem with them before but super bummed out.

I've only had this happen with my Blind Melon S/T and a couple dry goods products.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

March SRX Release Dates
https://www.musicmattersjazz.com/category-s/121.htm
Grant Green's Idle Moments and Herbie Hancock's Maiden Voyage will both be released together. This time we are splitting it into two time slots:
- Half Saturday 3/21 at 9am Pacific
- Half Sunday 3/22 at 9pm Pacific.