News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Summer Tour 2021

Started by emay, May 01, 2020, 04:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Yeah, sure hope I am wrong, but sadly, I don't think there will be any Phish shows this year.  The way everything has gone and continues to go, cases rising, new variants on and on, things won't start to get back to normal until the end of this year and Phish is going to be conservative.  They are not going to be the first ones to host big concerts.  No way they want to be guinea pigs. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on January 15, 2021, 09:34:54 PM
Quote from: sunrisevt on January 15, 2021, 08:54:51 PM
Quote from: Hicks on January 15, 2021, 08:46:39 PM
Quote from: VDB on January 15, 2021, 05:30:47 PM
General COVID talk alert, but germane.

What will be the determining factor(s), for Phish tour and other snatches of normalcy? Infections? Deaths? ICU beds? (Remember "flatten the curve"?)

Or, perhaps, vaccine availability? We're already finding out that not everyone who's in the early vax groups is availing themselves. I think I heard something about a 50% opt-in rate among long-term-care employees somewhere. Here in South Cack, the governor is setting deadlines and moving up start dates in response to what appears to be lower-than-expected signups, and we can't just have vaccine sitting around.

If substantial chunks of the population simply opt not to get vaccinated, and this is having an impact on stats, at a certain point you have to say that the rest of us are getting back to business and it's caveat emptor. Right?

With today?s news that the Trump admin doesn?t actually have any vaccines in the reserves, I?m afraid we?re fucked for quite a while.

Yep. The USA fucked this up by the numbers and I'm trying my best to brace myself for another full year of distanced bullshit b/c so many fuck-job "leaders" & citizens can't be troubled to  cover their damn airholes. Fuck this POTUS, fuck everyone who voted for & abetted him, but more than that fuck every one of those anti-vax, Qanon morons who laid the groundwork. FUCK.

Right there with you brother.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 06, 2021, 01:38:54 PM
Quote from: emay on April 06, 2021, 01:25:15 PM
Chase center is saying they're still planning on Phish this summer.

https://sfist.com/2021/04/05/chase-center-concerts-including-rescheduled-phish-and/?fbclid=IwAR2RwRZVOLGv3rdiJ1c1X_8BOrNEPz1vu_Ja9Vow--El_w3AKAqB82Ybxrc

Wow, a 19,500 capacity, indoor venue? Seems like an absurd idea for a show right now!

It sounds like they hope to be 50-80% capacity by July and then 100% by Fall or whenever the "green" level happens in CA.
Interesting they say they expect these to happen without any official word from the band that they would play these, or any, reduced capacity events. Seems like its pretty much hopes and dreams to get people to buy some tickets.

edit: and yeah Shoreline is like 22k capacity they could just move it outdoors if restrictions do ease up. 

anthrax

I think everyone is planning on big shows this summer, otherwise they'd be cancelled.  As of now there's a full phish tour on their website and tix are onsale.  Things have moved forward a ton in the last month and we still have more than 3 months to go.  It ain't over till the fat lady sings!

khalpin

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible assuming a secure proof of vaccination app is implemented in time for concert season.  Screw you anti-vaxxers!!!

emay

Quote from: anthrax on April 06, 2021, 03:49:50 PM
https://www.fox4news.com/sports/texas-rangers-host-near-sellout-crowd-for-2021-home-opener-with-no-covid-19-attendance-restrictions

Yeah I saw that, Coors field had 50% on opening day weekend. 1/2 of those were vaxed healthcare workers though. Too bad none of the tour dates are in FL or TX; they could play this weekend.
I just got tickets for the Nuggets game this month at 25% capacity but if the reopen moves quick I guess I can see things back to 'normal' by summer.

Caravan2001

Quote from: anthrax on April 06, 2021, 03:49:50 PM
https://www.fox4news.com/sports/texas-rangers-host-near-sellout-crowd-for-2021-home-opener-with-no-covid-19-attendance-restrictions

It's stupid shit like this that prevents us from having nice things.  I would think that we could possibly have a chance at summer shows if people just stayed the course for a little bit longer.  But shit like this going on and covid numbers basically skyrocketing again and I think we are still doomed.  Everyone going on Spring Break and traveling for Easter and what do people expect.  75K cases a day and going up, next week we will be back to 100K cases a day, vaccine rollout or not. But I still hope there's a chance!

cactusfan

Newsom just announced that California is opening fully as of June 15. So who knows. Maybe giant indoor concerts will be happening after all.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

emay