News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-06-30 BB&T Pavilion - Post Show Discussion

Started by aphineday, June 30, 2019, 11:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: Hicks on July 01, 2019, 08:03:29 PM
Just getting started with this, WOW, most legit FEFY since the 90s? Trey's tone was on point for that!

It's the best one in a long while, I agree
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

cactusfan

Nice song selection in the first set, but overall I like the first set in Charlotte better.
Second set is on fire through Tweezer. Shade to the end didn't do a whole lot for me, though the encore helped make up for that.

Buffalo Budd

The whole first is killer but that Bowie is a tad disjointed, never really lifts off.
This 20YL though, that's the stuff dreams are made of. So many themes, very well executed.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

20YL had some good themes in it, but really liked the direction that tweezer went with full rawk to space.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 03, 2019, 11:53:17 AM
The whole first is killer but that Bowie is a tad disjointed, never really lifts off.
This 20YL though, that's the stuff dreams are made of. So many themes, very well executed.

I thought the Bowie was fine albeit a standard-for-3.0 Type I version...

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 03, 2019, 11:53:17 AM

Agreed the Bowie was subpar, Trey really struggled with the ending. Damn shame because that's pretty much the only thing holding this show back from being in the top shows of 3.0 conversation. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gumbo72203

I'm noticing that Trey is struggling very much with the tougher stuff this tour....  it's a little concerning.  I mean, that Buried Alive opening was just totally dropped haha

However, this fucking Fast Enough for You is god damn awesome.  I'm not on board with the super slow Curtain With, it feels awkward and makes Fish have to play different drum fills at some points.  Minor detail though.  This show is the thing dreams are made of. 

I'm getting the feeling of a healthy 2.0 thing going on - adventurous setlists, but the playing isn't terribly clean but it's all fun.  Its an interesting place to be!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again