News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

1997/07/21 - Virginia Beach Amphitheater - Virginia Beach, VA - Not LST

Started by Hicks, May 19, 2020, 08:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

Quote from: ytowndan on May 22, 2020, 05:26:28 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on May 22, 2020, 04:22:15 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 22, 2020, 02:56:30 PM
Quote from: ph92 on May 22, 2020, 02:23:30 PM
Quote from: Hicks on May 22, 2020, 09:50:08 AM
Gumbo with the classic wtf take.

Don't ever change brah. 
And I was thinking he used some brevity here.

Gumbo 4.0: same old nonsense only shorter

Payjor!

:-D

Haha, this exactly!

I liked the Ghost, but there are better versions.  It felt like they couldn't decide what to do with it.  They alternated between moments of Trey playing lead, rock and roll style, and then doing the cowfunk thing.  It just didn't have a cohesive linear idea.  I'm not saying it was bad by any stretch, the playing is of course great.  It just seemed to take them some time to get the engines cooking.  No crowd cheer when Trey finishes his Ginseng Sullivan solo is kind of where I based my judgement - the audience seemed somewhat tepid. 

That Gin is the business though, and of course the Bowie - wow.  Fantastic stuff. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

I can speak to the audience reception having spoken in the past week to several people who were there.

Some people were little confused by the new sound in the new songs but, by and large, they fucking loved it.
I'd ascribe limited audience noise to the SBD.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 26, 2020, 03:55:27 PM
I can speak to the audience reception having spoken in the past week to several people who were there.

Some people were little confused by the new sound in the new songs but, by and large, they fucking loved it.
I'd ascribe limited audience noise to the SBD.

I don't remember being blown away but I liked it for sure.  I had been listening to the Europe tour so I was a little familiar.  My best friend did the whole Europe tour and taped everything.  I do remember really liking walnut creek. I didn't do anything else this summer besides the Went.

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on July 23, 2020, 02:42:56 PM
This show officially being added to the LP catalogue.

Bodes well for the other 1.0 DAAM shows.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 23, 2020, 04:13:10 PM

Well, at least Deer Creek. I'm not so sure about the '89 show.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 23, 2020, 04:19:04 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 23, 2020, 04:13:10 PM

Well, at least Deer Creek. I'm not so sure about the '89 show.

shut your whore mouth

mistercharlie

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Laughing and at the same time actively defying the command

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment