News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Music DVD You Watched?

Started by mopper_smurf, October 28, 2008, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

Gonna watch walnut creek 97 around 730 central tonight if anyone wants to join

khalpin

Quote from: anthrax on May 20, 2020, 07:08:27 PM
Gonna watch walnut creek 97 around 730 central tonight if anyone wants to join
The only show I ever tried to sync the audience recording to the video instead of the sbd audio.  For that Taste....aud > sbd.

anthrax

mistercharlie

Quote from: anthrax on May 20, 2020, 08:01:26 PM
Really??  Interesting

You hear the storm much better on the aud, if that's a plus for you. I think a matrix of the two would be great.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 20, 2020, 08:08:29 PM
Quote from: anthrax on May 20, 2020, 08:01:26 PM
Really??  Interesting

You hear the storm much better on the aud, if that's a plus for you. I think a matrix of the two would be great.
It's the storm and the crowd response.  The only other one I can think of is the VA Beach Terrapin where I prefer the aud.  The SBD just doesn't capture the energy like the aud does.

ETA: If anyone cares, I made a mix that starts off with the aud and cross fades to the SBD of the Terrapin after the first verse when the crowd response dies down: https://www.mediafire.com/file/mg3ndfjs27tl3pe/ph1998-08-09_-_Terrapin.flac/file

khalpin

Quote from: VDB on May 19, 2020, 12:52:29 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on May 19, 2020, 09:35:48 AM
Quote from: khalpin on May 19, 2020, 08:56:20 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on May 19, 2020, 07:35:40 AM
Just finished up with Walnut Creek disc 1. Now it's time for the magic to start when I pop in disc 2!!

I figured there's no better way to prepare for tonight's Dinner & a Movie than by watching the show from the next night, July 22nd, 1997.

The 4:3 aspect ratio is strange after watching so many 3.0 shows, but I will not be turned away by a smaller screen.
I got a Roku TV about a year ago and there's no option to go 4:3 when playing a DVD.  It automatically stretches the picture to fit the screen.  I should've just returned the TV as soon as I found that out.  Been driving me nuts for a year now.

Wow, that sucks.

How does a company make a TV that won't display 4:3 correctly?!?

Tech companies be arrogant.
Well, a bit of bad luck brings some good news....the upstairs TV got fried today.  So I'll be moving the man cave TV upstairs and get to go TV shopping now.  Problem is there aren't any box stores to try this stuff out.  Guess I'll be relying on Amazon reviews.

anthrax

Costco has pretty rocking TVs and a killer return policy.  Tons on display in the store too!

khalpin

Chick Corea Elektric Band - Bern Jazz Festival 4/25/86

Dave Weckl with a killer mullet and Chick rockin' the calculator watch.  Classic 80s.

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

khalpin

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

khalpin

Quote from: mopper_smurf on July 11, 2020, 01:42:49 AM

Indeed. Also: he does a great podcast with Tim Bowness called The Album Years.

https://anchor.fm/the-album-years
Thanks for the heads up!

khalpin

Quote from: khalpin on July 11, 2020, 10:02:37 AM

Thanks for the heads up!
Three episodes in and totally digging it.  It's given me a big list of albums to check.  Also, I had no idea that Robert Fripp played guitar on I Zimbra.  But totally makes sense now that I think about it.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: khalpin on July 12, 2020, 07:17:04 PM
Quote from: khalpin on July 11, 2020, 10:02:37 AM

Thanks for the heads up!
Three episodes in and totally digging it.  It's given me a big list of albums to check.  Also, I had no idea that Robert Fripp played guitar on I Zimbra.  But totally makes sense now that I think about it.

Indeed. And I love it when they disagree. Reminds me of me and best friend who have been discussing music for decades. And we won't stop before one of us has left the planet, Every time we meet we hand each other a bunch of albums that the other one should be listening to.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram