News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Quote from: pcr3 on April 16, 2020, 01:23:22 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on April 16, 2020, 11:28:08 AM
Started watching Tiger King today. Holy fucking shit, total freak show. Guess I am hooked.

Enjoy!  Every time you think the crazy has plateaued, it goes next level. 'Murica!

I hear ya! And you are right. Mayhem galore.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

jam>

VDB

Quote from: jam> on May 04, 2020, 11:55:06 AM
Big shoutout to Midnight Gospel here. https://www.netflix.com/title/80987903

Second recommendation I've seen for this in an hour. I will check it out!
Is this still Wombat?

emay

anthrax

bought a single month of netflix a few days ago.  figured i'd have some time on my hands plus i really wanted to watch ozark season 3.  i really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2.  knocked out season 3 faster than i think i've ever watch any tv series ever.  but i wasn't impressed.  looking forward to checking out other things in this thread. 

GBL

Quote from: anthrax on May 04, 2020, 03:48:57 PM
bought a single month of netflix a few days ago.  figured i'd have some time on my hands plus i really wanted to watch ozark season 3.  i really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2.  knocked out season 3 faster than i think i've ever watch any tv series ever.  but i wasn't impressed.  looking forward to checking out other things in this thread.

Go immediately to Too Hot to Handle, you and the Mrs will not thank me later

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
If this is love, I'm never going home..

anthrax

Quote from: GBL on May 04, 2020, 05:32:53 PM

Just looked it up.  Theres no freaking way, dude.

khalpin

By the way, in case you weren't aware, I highly recommend www.justwatch.com if you have a couple streaming services.  You can choose all of the streaming services you subscribe to and you set a filter to only show movies with an imdb rating of xxx or higher, or rottentomatoes ratings of xxx or higher and it'll give you a nice list of everything available.  Netflix and Amazon's interface both suck donkey balls and I can never find actual good movies on there.  They have all of the other HBO GO, Hulu, etc as well.

VDB

Quote from: khalpin on May 04, 2020, 06:46:07 PM
By the way, in case you weren't aware, I highly recommend www.justwatch.com if you have a couple streaming services.  You can choose all of the streaming services you subscribe to and you set a filter to only show movies with an imdb rating of xxx or higher, or rottentomatoes ratings of xxx or higher and it'll give you a nice list of everything available.  Netflix and Amazon's interface both suck donkey balls and I can never find actual good movies on there.  They have all of the other HBO GO, Hulu, etc as well.

I use this for mainstream films but I use other websites to find XXX rated material.
Is this still Wombat?

mopper_smurf

Not on Netflix yet, but I suppose it will be ...

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/may/04/nicolas-cage-joe-exotic-tiger-king-miniseries

QuoteNicolas Cage is set to take on the role of Joe Exotic in a new miniseries based on the imprisoned zoo-owner known as Tiger King.

According to Variety, the Oscar winner will be the lead in a project from American Vandal showrunner Dan Lagana along with Paul Young. It will be based on a Texas Monthly article titled Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild, by Leif Reigstad.

It will be made by CBS studios along with Imagine Entertainment and soon be shopped around to various networks and streaming platforms.

The miniseries marks the second scripted drama to be based on Exotic following on from an announcement last year that the podcast Joe Exotic: Tiger King would be adapted for television. Saturday Night Live's Kate McKinnon is attached to play Carole Baskin, Exotic's rival.

The Netflix docseries Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness has found phenomenal success since its release in March, attracting more than 64 million viewers. The story follows an eccentric big cat keeper and the criminal underworld which surrounds him. Exotic is currently serving a 22-year prison sentence. When asked which actor he'd like to play him, he suggested Brad Pitt.

The show will be Cage's first TV project. After winning the best actor Oscar for his role in alcoholism drama Leaving Las Vegas in 1996, Cage has starred in films including Con Air, National Treasure and Snowden. His upcoming projects include Pig, where he will play a mushroom forager, and Wally's Wonderland, which sees him as a janitor fighting demonic animatronic mascots.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

GBL

Quote from: anthrax on May 04, 2020, 06:19:26 PM
Quote from: GBL on May 04, 2020, 05:32:53 PM

Just looked it up.  Theres no freaking way, dude.

I did say you would NOT thank me!

In all seriousness though, I would highly recommend the series 'Dark', it's the best thing ever imo.  Just make sure you do not watch in English, use the subtitles instead
If this is love, I'm never going home..

anthrax

Tiger king is the dumbest show ever

kellerb

Quote from: anthrax on May 09, 2020, 11:50:55 AM

I've only gotten a couple episodes in.

It seems like if a Christopher Guest movie was real

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: anthrax on May 09, 2020, 11:50:55 AM

Yup, I tried my best to give it a chance but just can't enjoy this train wreck of wastoids.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Enjoyed the new Jerry special, he has a bit more of a physical stage presence than in the past which was surprising, but I thought worked well for the most part.

Some of the bits are really funny, the pop tart bit especially was hilarious.

Insane that he's 65, he looks like he's in his early 50s.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.